Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Sens Oct. 12, 7 p.m., HOCKEY IS BACK!!!!!!!!! Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I'd have Dzingel and Varone there. Pretty quick and dangerous line. Pyatt should be on the 4th line or in the press box, where he belongs.

sort of agree. although I think he's trying to limit the number of younger guys on a line together at least to start.

McDude

Sep 21, 2015
Hey guys, just recently moved to Ottawa and going to my first sens game, super excited!

I'll be taking public transport to the game from the Rideau centre but google maps is showing 40 min walk etc.; after browsing the sens website, I saw a 403 route but not sure about this.

Anyone have any tips on how to get to the arena efficiently via public transport from Rideau centre.

Much appreciated, cheers!

HousePerseus

Oct 7, 2011
ottawa
Hey guys, just recently moved to Ottawa and going to my first sens game, super excited!

I'll be taking public transport to the game from the Rideau centre but google maps is showing 40 min walk etc.; after browsing the sens website, I saw a 403 route but not sure about this.

Anyone have any tips on how to get to the arena efficiently via public transport from Rideau centre.

Much appreciated, cheers!

Enjoy your first game!

There is actually a thread dedicated to these types of questions, you should check it out.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=558939

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
I'm not sure Lazar brings anything to the table that's better than Dzingel other than smiles.

Lazar is a much more established NHLer then Dzingel. Lets see if Dzingel can score and be solid defensively before we put him ahead of Lazar.

But still my point stands

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Lazar is a much more established NHLer then Dzingel. Lets see if Dzingel can score and be solid defensively before we put him ahead of Lazar.

But still my point stands

Lazar being good defensively is a fallacy. Well at least to this point in his career. Dzingel was also scoring at a higher pace last year than Lazar.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Lazar being good defensively is a fallacy. Well at least to this point in his career. Dzingel was also scoring at a higher pace last year than Lazar.

Lazar was looking like he was improving near the end of last year, and playing with some confidence. Lets let him play this year before saying a player with only 30 games is already better than him.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Lazar was looking like he was improving near the end of last year, and playing with some confidence. Lets let him play this year before saying a player with only 30 games is already better than him.

Yeah lazar definitely has potential to be a lot more than he's shown so far. He has a good motor, can play defensive, physical, and drive the net.
Give the kid a break I say.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Mac yes, Lazar no.

Yes Lazar. It's not a debate between Lazar and Dzingle for a third line spot. If Lazar is in the lineup, even if it is the fourth line, the lineup still look better.

Hoffman-Turris-Stone
Mac-Brassard-Ryan
Smith-Pageau-Dzingle/Lazar
Pyatt/Varone-Kelly-Lazar/Dzingle

On paper, that is looking way better.

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Yes Lazar. It's not a debate between Lazar and Dzingle for a third line spot. If Lazar is in the lineup, even if it is the fourth line, the lineup still look better.

Hoffman-Turris-Stone
Mac-Brassard-Ryan
Smith-Pageau-Dzingel/Lazar
Pyatt-Kelly-Lazar/Dzingel

On paper, that is looking way better.

HF has tunnel vision some times. People seem to focus in on one aspect of a player and it's all they see. They let that colour their entire perception of said player.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
HF has tunnel vision some times. People seem to focus in on one aspect of a player and it's all they see. They let that colour their entire perception of said player.

Yeah, i've figured that. Not everybody is like that, but we can easily say who by reading.

Everything isn't black or white. It's even more visible when posters talk about GMs.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Yeah, i've figured that. Not everybody is like that, but we can easily say who by reading.

Everything isn't black or white. It's even more visible when posters talk about GMs.

That's true. Lazar is penciled into the lineup due to him having almost 5 times the amount of games played vs Dzingel. Being somewhat established doesn't necessarily mean he brings more though.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
That's true. Lazar is penciled into the lineup due to him having almost 5 times the amount of games played vs Dzingel. Being somewhat established doesn't necessarily mean he brings more though.

Of course, and that's why i've said that Lazar could be playing a fourth line role. If he outplayed Dzingle, he could move up to the 3rd line. Or if he has more chemistry. with Smith and Pageau.

Right now, Smith is playing the 2nd line role.

Dzingle-Pageau-Lazar would be looking like a good young 3rd line. The tempo of this line could be very fast for a checking line with a scoring touch.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I was thinking Dzingel would have the 2nd line spot, but given it is opening night, at home vs Leafs, the veteran Smith will likely perform in that role better. Let Dzingel and co. get settled in on the bottom 2 lines before bumping them up.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Need to come out strong here ,we have a better team than Toronto .And need the two points ,this team needs to win the games it should :nod:

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
NHL regular season hockey is finally back! It's like Christmas morning, and it's nice to be able to share it with you lot rather than the Habs fans we typically have to endure on opening night

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
God, our bottom 6 wingers are pretty awful without Mac and Lazar (and I'm not high on Lazar).

I'm going to be a broken record, but while we don't have many great options, having Smith in the top 6 makes me sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad