Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Sens Oct. 12, 7 p.m., HOCKEY IS BACK!!!!!!!!! Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Well the time has finally arrived.

Though i got to say i wished the Sens did't have a home opener against the Leafs.

Now the player introductions will just be filled with booos.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Bah, we will crush them. Who cares if the fans boo when their team is likely to get obliterated by a rival who is currently much better?

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Be interesting to see what Fred Anderson does. The leafs have a lot riding on him and he's looked spotty this pre-season.

Our Andy looks great. He has to be our best player after EK. He's always there and always good every game. If we get our act together it'll be interesting to see what he can with a legit team in front of him, guy is $$$$$

FuriousSenator

Mar 18, 2011
Ottawa
season seat holders that sell their tickets to away fans aren't real fans imo.

:yo: Definitely! Can you imagine a Man United supporter bailing on a derby game with Man City because of the 'hassle' of opposing fans invading? So absurd.

This rivalry is a war on and off the ice, we need every hand on deck!

Last edited:

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
If we win we are first place in the league and if we lose we're last.

A lot riding on this game.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Be interesting to see what Fred Anderson does. The leafs have a lot riding on him and he's looked spotty this pre-season.

Our Andy looks great. He has to be our best player after EK. He's always there and always good every game. If we get our act together it'll be interesting to see what he can with a legit team in front of him, guy is $$$$$

He looked good 1st game and not so good last game. He had good stats last year and had some good moments but overall I thought he let in too much back breakers and wasn't that great. Then again, our defense was worse but I wouldn't say Andy was excellent, he's part of the defense and IMHO wasn't amazing.

Can't wait for the start of the season, man I missed hockey a lot, I hope the team comes in focused on the game because last game they weren't there. I hope our guys start with a good win and some good stats to get confidence for the season. We can do this!

First home opener in a while where I can't get there, disappointing but we had trouble making the playoffs when I was there and I am superstitious so maybe it's a good thing!!

Let's go Senators!!

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016
:yo: Definitely! Can you imagine a Man United supporter bailing on a derby game with Man City because of the 'hassle' of opposing fans invading? So absurd.

This rivalry is a war on and off the ice, we need every hand on deck!

To be fair, I could easily see a City fan doing this ;) And United fans wouldn't want to waste the trip from London to Old Trafford anyway...

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
It's been so long since last season, I have lost touch with reality . I'm predicting a 6-1 annihilation of the Leaves

krapsik

Nov 13, 2009
Estonia
First game. First loss. All tanking preachers wakes up. Karlsson asks for trade. Ryan, Hoffman, Stones follows him. Boucher admits, that there is no reason to wasting time in Ottawa. Relocation etc. etc.
1-4 to Leafs
:sarcasm:

Go Sens Go !!!

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016

Not sure he'll succeed in Toronto. Anaheim has a better blue line and an in-depth look into the stats showed he was under-average at best. He's not a great goalie. It confuses me why the Leafs went for him when a better option could have been available later on in their rebuild.

ToastrStutzle

Feb 1, 2016
Ottawa
3-2 OT win for the sens

Marner impresses and all we hear about all telecast is Matthews/Marner and the leafs' future

Sens get booed during pre-game introductions in their own building

Go Sens Go

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Brent Wallace ‏@tsn_wally

Sens Lines this morning:
Hoffman Turris Stone
Smith Brassard Ryan
Varone Pageau Pyatt
Dzingel Kelly Neil
Puempel Lazar

I don't get it, they were praising Dzingel the other day and were putting him on the 2nd line and now one bad pre-season game and he's with the awful 4th line.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Brent Wallace ‏@tsn_wally

Sens Lines this morning:
Hoffman Turris Stone
Smith Brassard Ryan
Varone Pageau Pyatt
Dzingel Kelly Neil
Puempel Lazar

I don't get it, they were praising Dzingel the other day and were putting him on the 2nd line and now one bad pre-season game and he's with the awful 4th line.

Yeah, and Pyatt is a 4th liner. He's basically this year's version of Condra (which begs the question why they let Condra go, but alas). I'd switch Pyatt and Dzingel. Dzingle played RW last year, he can do it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad