GDT: Leafs @ Sens. November 9. The Sens Are Awesome Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Glad I didn't make tonight's GDT, or my GDT record would be even more in the toilet.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Again outnumbered in the stands by Leafs fans tonight. Embarassing too, we do have a fragile fan base

Sensrule

Aug 30, 2007
How disappointing. Hard to explain but our ineffective powerplays other than the first PP did us in. Tough bounces on most of the goals on Lehner. Sucks losing to the Leafs.

blahblah3

Jan 8, 2010
This sums up exactly what I just said to my fiancee. She said it is just a game and I told her, it is not just a game when it comes to Toronto. We need a GDT thread for the next one and I would like to take care of that GDT.

Lol.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
:handclap:

It's pretty discouraging when we have darn well near a dozen posters that only show up when something bad happens.

We've got a young team, the most inexperienced team in the league, and people ***** about every little error on the ice. We've got to give our guys some leeway here.
Young guys should be given leeway. It's the key guys that should get the criticism. But that's also frowned upon around here.

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
Really wished Chiasson was able to play tonight, would've helped in balancing the lines and keeping the Kid line together.

Started off decent, and it was a train wreck from there. Lots of blame to go around.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Hoffman with 4th line minutes despite being our best player.

And before anyone says it, I don't buy the "let's shield the rookie on a bad night" argument. Hoffman has plenty of experience and can definitely rise to the occasion as we've seen these last few games. No way should guys like Greening and Michalek have more ice-time than the kid on nights like these.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Why are you calling yourself fragile?

Calling myself? I live 3 hours away and go to about 10 games a year lol, it's not a problem for me. Wear the hat if it fits you, we always get outnumbered it's a fact. Not judging anyone, it is the way it is

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
As soon as they gave him that juicy contract I knew I'd be tearing my hair out for it's entire duration.

Did not like that $4m contract over three years either. Based on Michalek's play in the last two years of his old contract, I expected the Senators to let him walk. Then Murray signs Legwand for $3m for two years. I hoped he would be good but so far I find him slow and lacking enthusiasm or intensity. He does have veteran like playing style but his play does not excite me much. I prefer to watch the kids play even if they make some mistakes. Tonight's game was not a Phillips best .

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Young guys should be given leeway. It's the key guys that should get the criticism. But that's also frowned upon around here.

Many of our key guys are still very young and adapting to new roles this year.

But yeah, let's ***** and moan about every little thing on the ice. Perfect game or gtfo! :shakehead

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Again outnumbered in the stands by Leafs fans tonight. Embarassing too, we do have a fragile fan base

Until this team, especially Karlsson, can learn to not suck so much against Toronto at home it ain't changing

Why would any of us pay to see our team get humiliated time and time again at home by a huge rival and have to suffer opposing fans

jasonjim

Nov 1, 2006
OTTAWA
Leafs did almost nothing yet they have a 2 goal lead. :loony:

Fire MacLean

Good idea to get rid of MaClean. Maybe then we could get some kind of systems working instead of the street hockey that we usually play against the Leafs. Disgusting effort tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad