GDT: Leafs @ Sens 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I feel like the chances of the top 4 being anything but the following on opening night are 0%:

Rielly-Brodie
Muzzin-Holl

I dont think there is any chance Holl starts on the 3rd pairing. Unfortunately one of Sandin or Lily will be rotated in and out of the lineup with Dermott making up the other side of the 3rd pairing

I bet dermott is in that same rotation tbh.

and of course, there will be injuries.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
I bet dermott is in that same rotation tbh.

and of course, there will be injuries.
You think? I figure they will treat Dermott as the 'vet' on that pairing with Sandin/Lily rotating in. You could be right though

Last edited:
Reactions: Buds17

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
weird-eyes.gif

Likely Engvall's last game as a Leaf...

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021
Where Kerfoot becomes of value to us is if Matthews or Tavares go down. he's easily plugged in beside Nylander in the 2C spot. He also gives us another PK center behind Kampf
A lot of teams in the league have a default 2C fill in when a top 6 center goes down, doesn't necessarily mean that player isn't expendable especially if the hypothetical turns out to be true (not much separates Kerfoot from guys like Bunting, Kase, Ritchie etc impact wise).

Besides, it's more beneficial to move Nylander to C rather than Kerfoot since he can actually do major damage in that spot and carry his wingers. Kerfoot doesn't make anyone better, he's just a placeholder in this case. With Kerfoot out of the way, default 2C becomes Nylander -- what it should be. He seems devoted to developing a 2-way game now.

I'm also not fond of having a 35% playoff faceoff center in the top 6 if AM or JT go down.

Reactions: Cobra777

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Like our thug group finna bang that thang up agains tonight sire :clap: Hard on that! We now have all the thugs, pests, pets and twerkers for life. Our identity has been restored. In the old days... the maple leafs were definitely the most thuggish. We had lurkers and stalkers like domi, tucker, corson, (roberts), thomas, belfour(drunk), potvin, clark, killer gilmour etc. Our identity was warriorish. Now its back! So BE HARD Y'ALL!! :clap: Lets enjoy life and sports.

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021
The Leafs know what they have in Kerfoot. IMO nothing in the preseason is going to change their opinion. I see him as our #3C or #2 or #3 LWer if they decide to go with Kampf at #3C.
I agree they know what they're getting but that also includes his 3.5 mil cap hit not being a secret.

If Kerfoot doesn't show he deserves to be a depth player making 3.5 mil on this team (I think he is worth this money on other teams) there is no reason at all to keep him. The same applies to every other player. Leafs will know what they're getting from them over time. They can then compare that to Kerfoot and be like hmmmmmmmmmmmm is 3.5 mil really worth it for this guy?

Hence I don't agree with him coasting (if he is). His name was already on the trade block he should be hustling like Connor Brown out there (they're in the same tier so I like to use Brown as a model example). He saw the guys fighting for jobs, it should light a fire under him to out perform them even though it's only pre-season.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
A lot of teams in the league have a default 2C fill in when a top 6 center goes down, doesn't necessarily mean that player isn't expendable especially if the hypothetical turns out to be true (not much separates Kerfoot from guys like Bunting, Kase, Ritchie etc impact wise).

Besides, it's more beneficial to move Nylander to C rather than Kerfoot since he can actually do major damage in that spot and carry his wingers. Kerfoot doesn't make anyone better, he's just a placeholder in this case. With Kerfoot out of the way, default 2C becomes Nylander -- what it should be. He seems devoted to developing a 2-way game now.

I'm also not fond of having a 35% playoff faceoff center in the top 6 if AM or JT go down.

how many emergency fill in 2Cs did better in the playoffs than Kerfoot last year?

Reactions: 123offtheglass

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Meh, I'm in the mood for a meaningless hockey game I think.

Decided like 6 weeks ago to book this week off with vacation, of course it's gonna be overcast and rain all O(*^&()&(* week when all I wanted to do was go golf a couple rounds.

Still nice to not be at work for a while. I needed a break.

Hockey (specifically Leafs hockey) :thumbu:

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
at this point i think lily deserves to finally get a real shot, hes got a better overall game than sandin and has outplayed him this preseason imo. i prefer both to dermott.

Ashdown2

Aug 19, 2006
how many emergency fill in 2Cs did better in the playoffs than Kerfoot last year?

he had 2 good playoff games and now everyone jumped on the kerfoot bandwagon.. color me unimpressed.

trade him now while he has value. He's been on this team for over 110+ regular season games. Does anyone still think he's a capable center or worth 3.5mil in all that time ?? no hes not .... hes a good player and i like him but unfourtunatly hes not even close to a 3.5 mil player, especially for a guy who cant really "score goals". lets put it this way , eveyone hates mikheyev because he cant score and yet he has a better goals per game in toronto than kerfoot.

his trade is a necessity, so this team can actually carry a 23 man roster instead of 21 with no cap space

Reactions: freshwind and geo25

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
Meh, I'm in the mood for a meaningless hockey game I think.

Decided like 6 weeks ago to book this week off with vacation, of course it's gonna be overcast and rain all O(*^&()&(* week when all I wanted to do was go golf a couple rounds.

Still nice to not be at work for a while. I needed a break.

Hockey (specifically Leafs hockey) :thumbu:
I book 2nd week of September every year. Always the nicest week and I'll go golfing pretty much every day. Never fails.

Reactions: SmoggyTwinkles

Papi 4 Hart

Nov 9, 2018
Loved the Muzzin and Holl bromance during All or Nothing. I always liked that pair my only concern is Holl seems to struggle with his fitness as the season moves on. Be nice to give him some reduced minutes later in the year. But out of the gate I would keep that line together then move Liljegren up later in the year.

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
Im sick and tired of facing the same 2 teams... Why would they have us face off against them again in pre season.. we dont face anyone other than mtl or ottawa until a week after the season starts. jesus

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Im sick and tired of facing the same 2 teams... Why would they have us face off against them again in pre season.. we dont face anyone other than mtl or ottawa until a week after the season starts. jesus

Limit travel

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
I book 2nd week of September every year. Always the nicest week and I'll go golfing pretty much every day. Never fails.

I have the worst luck with days off and vacation.

Either it's 40 freaking degrees out there with max humidity (walk out on the porch in the morning thinking round of golf, quick nope) Or it's overcast for my entire week off with rain who knows when? The weather people don't, just that it's gonna rain on your parade basically. "zero hours of sunshine your whole week off"

Well, guess I'll just keep on doing the whole stuck in my mancave thing (which is pretty sweet to be honest)

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com

something something COVID precautions.

It's understandable for pre-season. NHL just playing it as safe as possible.

freshwind

Mar 23, 2002
I have the worst luck with days off and vacation.

Either it's 40 freaking degrees out there with max humidity (walk out on the porch in the morning thinking round of golf, quick nope) Or it's overcast for my entire week off with rain who knows when? The weather people don't, just that it's gonna rain on your parade basically. "zero hours of sunshine your whole week off"

Well, guess I'll just keep on doing the whole stuck in my mancave thing (which is pretty sweet to be honest)

i used to have the neighbours ask me when i was booking vacation ... my rep for crap weather was that well known .......

Reactions: SmoggyTwinkles

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Fair point, but was that more to do with Nylander playing unbelievable or Kerfoot also rising to the occasion. Personally I think it was a bit of both but just being devils advocate lol

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
It would be nice if they just accepted the group they know they are going with plus 2 or 3 guys and started icing the actual team , with all the new faces it wouldn't hurt to build some more chem by playing more than 1 game as a final group . Maybe give the guys a fun day practice before the final preseason to unwind and have some fun together .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad