Post-Game Talk: Leafs @ Sens - 7pm - on almost every channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
My guess would be that they move one of Wolanin or Brannstrom to the right side in order to keep all three in the top 4 next season or whenever Brannstrom is NHL ready. I like the tandem of Wolanin & Ceci & if Brannstrom could play with Chabot that might be ideal but then again they could be too weak defensively. If they don't keep Ceci than a couple of guys will need to move to the right side or they will need to promote a right shot from Belleville. Not sure if JBD will leave school next season or even if he does if he could break into the NHL next season. He may have to wait another yr in school.

This brings me back to Chabot & Ceci since Ceci has played a lot of defensive & PK time could be what Chabot needs defensively. Wolanin & Brannstrom could work out together, Wolanin has decent size & has all the tools & being slightly older could mentor Brannstrom. And then there is Jaros who is a right shot & looks like he could move into the top 4 too. Then they still have Lajoie who had a lot of early season success & seemed to run out of gas near the end & when the Sens were playing very badly. Lots of options & trading chips on D.

Would be interesting to see the Sens draft Moritz Seider with their 1st pick at this yr's draft.
Chabot - Jaros
Wolanin - Ceci - or JBD whenever he is NHL ready
Harpur - Seider - Brannstrom could also play with Seider

I think Ceci should be traded as he will cost too much for what he does. DeMelo looks competent enough to retain as a second or third pair Defenseman. Jaros is developing decently but I would like to see more physical toughness from him if he does not develop some offensive capability. Jaros is not first pair material yet. Harpur looked like he was developing into a policeman but has suddenly gone soft again with some lapses in his play - might be a third pair D with some upside.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Got to admit I had a small chuckle when I read the comment attributed to Zack Smith in Garrioch's Sun article who said " “We can’t complain about a full building and I thought we did a good job taking the crowd out of it from the start." Don't know if it was tongue in cheek but based on the pics of the crowd he probably meant it. Kind of funny when you have to take the crowd out of it for a home game in your own barn. :).

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
Got to admit I had a small chuckle when I read the comment attributed to Zack Smith in Garrioch's Sun article who said " “We can’t complain about a full building and I thought we did a good job taking the crowd out of it from the start." Don't know if it was tongue in cheek but based on the pics of the crowd he probably meant it. Kind of funny when you have to take the crowd out of it for a home game in your own barn. :).

Well Melnyk has done a fine job taking the home team's crowd out of the building.

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
Definitely tongue in cheek. Alfie used to make the same joke.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
The Matthews contract is stupid too. They paid top dollar for how many ufa years? Oh...1? Stupid.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017

Wolanin lead the team in ice time against the Leafs.

I like Crawfords forecasting comments for various players since taking over.

Reactions: Cosmix

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Highly doubt he is humiliated given everything he's been doing the past couple seasons.

He is immune to truth!

He needs to be the center of attention wherever he is. If he goes to a wedding, he wants to be the bride; at a funeral he wants to the corpse! :)

PS I stole this from someone.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009

Wolanin lead the team in ice time against the Leafs.

I like Crawfords forecasting comments for various players since taking over.

I agree. A lot of his takes and perceptions seem to be bang on. Wolanin's reads are what held him back under Boucher. Looks like Crow may be speaking the same language to Wolanin and helping him.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
I agree. A lot of his takes and perceptions seem to be bang on. Wolanin's reads are what held him back under Boucher. Looks like Crow may be speaking the same language to Wolanin and helping him.
More puck battles are needed, we get better at puck battles. Tkachuk was mentioned as being a good down low player but has balance issues just like the Sedins did. As long as players don't take it negatively or feel like their being called out.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
1st Senators game I've enjoyed in what feels like a long time. Wolanin looked like our best dman outside of Chabot that we've seen yet by a fair margin. Between Chabot, Wolanin, Brannstrom, Jaros & JBD we should be able to piece together a nice top 4. Lajoie may already be the odd man out there, I put him behind the 3 guys on the left for sure.

My main takeaway from the game... Toronto is absolutely f***ed in the playoffs this year.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I hope that this was just a rift in the space time continuum...

We do not want the Sens to win next year.

:eek2:

I mean the Sens are going to win some games next season. No team goes 0-82. Heck, the Sens are the worst team in the league this season and they shutout the Blues and destroyed the Leafs.

As long as they lose the majority of games next season,i have no problem with their only wins being against the Leafs and the Habs because f*** those teams. ;)

Reactions: Variable26

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
he's off to phoenix after those 5 years watch :P
Let's say that he and his agent has positioned themselves to play the field something fierce as a 26 year old UFA. We'll see how he shows up in the playoffs starting this year, so maybe it'll end up being a blessing to the Leafs when he ends up getting 15 million a year from someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad