Post-Game Talk: Leafs @ Sens - 7pm - on almost every channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Tonight will be a game like no other.

It is the game of David versus Goliath, the haves versus the have nots, and the weak versus the strong.

This game may see the return of some players that were scratched, some players that were new, and some players that were old.

Tonight will be the night to toast those who have long ago are only left watching the old highlights reels, the ghosts of the CTC... but a few words will be said about the mighty we may be in year three.

Here's a look at the forward lines and defence pairings from this morning's skate:

Tkachuk - Pageau - Veronneau
Balcers - Tierney - Paajarvi
Smith - Lindberg - Ryan
Duclair - Gibbons - Boedker

Harpur - DeMelo
Wolanin - Ceci
Borowiecki - Jaros

Nils in net

Last edited:

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
There are few things I hate in this world more than drunk, stupid LeafBros at the CTC. The fact that we are in the position we are in, last place and getting cheered out of our own building by those @#@#@#@#, fills me with both shame and rage.

I don't ask for much, but a win tonight would at least take a bit of sting from this ugly season...

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
54268058_10157007691684477_3792719214884683776_n.jpg

usa_today_12354130.0.jpg

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Wow!?! Boro in the captain’s seat

Which tells you everything that is wrong with this team in one photo. Your captain has to be a guy who actually gets it done on the ice, a guy who plays in all situations and is an identifiable player around the league. You can argue that you need guys like Boro on a successful team to play a certain role, but he doesn't wear a letter. When your de facto captain is a 6/7 defenceman who couldn't make the roster of a contending team? Yikes.

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
Which tells you everything that is wrong with this team in one photo. Your captain has to be a guy who actually gets it done on the ice, a guy who plays in all situations and is an identifiable player around the league. You can argue that you need guys like Boro on a successful team to play a certain role, but he doesn't wear a letter. When your de facto captain is a 6/7 defenceman who couldn't make the roster of a contending team? Yikes.

Hopefully they make the dog captain instead.

Also does it feel a little off centre with Demelo out there on the left? Shouldn't he be in the back beside Jaros. Subtle throwback to the off-centre 25 year anniversary patch?

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
So fun ,get to watch our severely outmatched team ...Get probably destroyed by one of our fiercest rivals ...Thanks again EM

Reactions: bert

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Recall when Cunneyworth was coaching for Montreal and fans flipped because he couldn't speak french.

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
Recall when Cunneyworth was coaching for Montreal and fans flipped because he couldn't speak french.

Born in Ontario must speak French as the second language, through obligatory immersion school education. I mean northern Ontarians make an effort to learn and to speak English. WTF?? Ontario is a French province by design as Franco-Ontarian like it or not. I mean, no more then 5 thousand loyalist came to French Ontario from US, to celebrate this endlessly and to forget the French European roots of Ontario. I understand French media completely, total disrespect and ignorance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad