Post-Game Talk: Leafs @ Sens - 7pm - on almost every channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
Years ago I went to a Sens vs Leafs game and the blue *****es were out in force. Leafs took a 2-0 lead and they were being as obnoxious as ****, calling out to us, pointing and laughing, draping their huge Leaf flags over our faces. Then it came, the pizza line went nuts and the Sens reeled off 8 straight goals. The laughers/pointers/flag *****es left at 6-2 so shouted “see ya, thanks for coming out!” and one of them went ballistic. Luckily he did this next to a security guard who just wrapped his arms around his waist and pushed him down the concourse tunnel.
Never stop shit disturbing.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
I wanted to relive that game by watching the highlights. Both TSN and SN recaps are sooooo pro-leafs, every Leafs chance and goal is a climax, and every Sens goal is a sad trombone. I realize the context of a contending Leafs team and a laughingstock Sens season, but c'mon, do both networks need to cozy up to the big $$ fanbase?

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
I wanted to relive that game by watching the highlights. Both TSN and SN recaps are sooooo pro-leafs, every Leafs chance and goal is a climax, and every Sens goal is a sad trombone. I realize the context of a contending Leafs team and a laughingstock Sens season, but c'mon, do both networks need to cozy up to the big $$ fanbase?
Rogers and Bell own 75% of leafs sports and entertainment. It’s a joke.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Ok but if you come and don't talk like one of these characters I will be disappointed

My mom and dad sounded just like that. They were both from the city originally (mom from the Charlestown and dad from the Brighton neighborhoods of Boston, respectively) and had thick Boston accents. A well-trained ear can even tell what part of Boston someone is from by their accent. I grew up 12 miles outside the city and my accent isn’t quite as pronounced as mom and dad’s, but my wife says that it really comes out when I’m with my buddies or when I’m drinking. So, I’ll tie one on and you won’t be disappointed!

It’ll be a wicked pissah time!

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Yeah kind of, I mean we just loss to the worst team in the league, and our backup goalie played like a timbits level, so yeah that’s a bummer. But there’s other things in life than hockey.

Any team can beat any team in today's NHL.

The Sens shut out the Blues in our last game. The Blues then destroyed the Pens in their next game.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Zack smith is a god

He played well last night, a member of a team that slid the puck into open ice for linemates to pick up. A lot of easy, possession-friendly passes seemed to string together and get us into shooting positions. I like it.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Wolanin said in an interview he thinks he can play right just needs consistent reps. Considering he only started playing D 4 seasons ago and his obvious skill i think they should try him there. What do they have to lose? He is still learning the position and probably is less set in his ways than Lajoie, Brannstrom and Chabot.

Holy crap...that would be spectacular if he could play right as well as I think he'll play left in his career.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

Will the Sens build their left side with these 3 PMDs?

My guess would be that they move one of Wolanin or Brannstrom to the right side in order to keep all three in the top 4 next season or whenever Brannstrom is NHL ready. I like the tandem of Wolanin & Ceci & if Brannstrom could play with Chabot that might be ideal but then again they could be too weak defensively. If they don't keep Ceci than a couple of guys will need to move to the right side or they will need to promote a right shot from Belleville. Not sure if JBD will leave school next season or even if he does if he could break into the NHL next season. He may have to wait another yr in school.

This brings me back to Chabot & Ceci since Ceci has played a lot of defensive & PK time could be what Chabot needs defensively. Wolanin & Brannstrom could work out together, Wolanin has decent size & has all the tools & being slightly older could mentor Brannstrom. And then there is Jaros who is a right shot & looks like he could move into the top 4 too. Then they still have Lajoie who had a lot of early season success & seemed to run out of gas near the end & when the Sens were playing very badly. Lots of options & trading chips on D.

Would be interesting to see the Sens draft Moritz Seider with their 1st pick at this yr's draft.
Chabot - Jaros
Wolanin - Ceci - or JBD whenever he is NHL ready
Harpur - Seider - Brannstrom could also play with Seider

Reactions: Cosmix

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Crazy how a player like Wolanin will start looking good once you give him more than a game or two to get comfortable and let him play more than 15 minutes.

Boucher messed up big time by keeping such a tight leash on 86. Only one of his major goofs.
Looks like Ottawa has handled him well actually

Let him develop then eased him in and all the way he was proving himself capable and now he has more ice

That could all change quickly but it's a part of development. Sending him to Belleville might have been the best move of his career so far

Reactions: WaitingInVain

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Zack Smith didnt impress me at all.

Watched him make a few lazy d zone giveaways.

Unfortunately his two remaining years on his deal, plus our need to hit the cap floor, mean that Smith is sticking around. Personally I think that "veteran leadership" is grossly overrated, particularly when the veteran leader in question can't play, but I can't see them buying him out even if they should...

Peptic Balcers

May 1, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Unfortunately his two remaining years on his deal, plus our need to hit the cap floor, mean that Smith is sticking around. Personally I think that "veteran leadership" is grossly overrated, particularly when the veteran leader in question can't play, but I can't see them buying him out even if they should...

they'll just keep on slappin him on waivers

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Wolanin said in an interview he thinks he can play right just needs consistent reps. Considering he only started playing D 4 seasons ago and his obvious skill i think they should try him there. What do they have to lose? He is still learning the position and probably is less set in his ways than Lajoie, Brannstrom and Chabot.
Wolanin has occasionally played right in Belleville. I believe Brannstrom has also played right before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad