Post-Game Talk: Leafs @ Senators - 1/21/2015 - Healy/Karlsson BFF Edition

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Healy is a *********. His love affair with EK last night was 10% admiration for a skilled player and 90% piling on the Leafs. Disingenuous dirtbag imo.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
They all think they have the greatest team until they fall down the standings, and then the only way they won't get major depression is to pretend that's what they wanted all along.

Happens every year like clock work.

Then in the off-season, when they are below the Sens in the standings again, they'll say it was because "they gave up on the season" but that they're actually much better on paper.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Hahahah, holy ****, they are sooo salty over the healy/karlsson love affair.

Just go in the Pt2 GDT, and Ctrl+F search "Karlsson". You get like 10 hits per page about it.
i'd be salty too if during our game, announcers were gaga over Crosby or someone else like they were with karlsson. but feels damn good to be on the other side

Mark Effin Stone

I miss Kuba
May 10, 2010
Stockholm
Exciting game and it was nice to score some goals and break that stupid Reimer statistic with him playing in the CTC.

Mark Stone is quickly becoming my favorite player on this roster, amazing vision and hockey sense. Always sneaking behind ready to steal and almost Karlssonesque with stepping into passing lanes and stealing the puck. :handclap: :handclap: :handclap:

All this talk of trading veterans, what players would be called up to replace them? (Not keeping track or watching any of the Bingo games this season)

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
You can make fun all you want. But for another game we had he lead. And the leafs wouldn't go away. And I believe they were out shooting us 11-1. In the third. And then we made it 4-2 with 2 minutes left. And they STILL didn't go away and they scored another. No matter what. They always make us sweat.

When it comes to playing us. They fight tooth and nail until the last second.

I think you missed the part where sarcasm was employed. :sarcasm:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Happens every year like clock work.

Then in the off-season, when they are below the Sens in the standings again, they'll say it was because "they gave up on the season" but that they're actually much better on paper.

But but but they improved there depth!

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
All this talk of trading veterans, what players would be called up to replace them? (Not keeping track or watching any of the Bingo games this season)

Condra is much improved these last games, as is Michalek

Prefer Pageau to Legwand. The Condra - Pageau - Chiasson line has been better each time they are out.

Prince up for a look, certainly over Greening

Borowiecki full time. Wiercioch over Phillips until the decision is made to send or keep; then Wideman/Claesson

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
People want to move some vets. Not all.

Neil and Phillips need to be given the option to go chase a cup. Hopefully they jump at that chance and we can ship em out.

Legwand and Michalek will be here the rest of the season Im sure.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
People want to move some vets. Not all.

Neil and Phillips need to be given the option to go chase a cup. Hopefully they jump at that chance and we can ship em out.

Legwand and Michalek will be here the rest of the season Im sure.

Agreed with Phillips and Neil being given the right to choose how their careers end. They have earned that here. That does't mean that they'd deserve another contract necessarily, but they deserve to play out their current ones as they see fit.

Legend will likely (hopefully) get traded if there are any takers. This would be a good move for us and for him. He deserves another chance to chase a cup, and we'll have a spot to give to the next rookie who comes out on top.

Michalek is a keeper. He is a solid player for us, and one of the few vets who can hold down a roster spot on a good line. He has become more of a checking winger who can score at times, which is actually a good place for him. A top six winger who has settled into a gritty, checking, defensive game, after his offensive skills started to wan.

On a team full of rookies and youngsters, Milan goes out and works hard every shift, and appears to be a solid pro hockey model, as well as a solid player for the team. Not everyone has to be a top six scorer, being solid in the role you play for the team is very important as well.

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Neutral fan here with a request.

Good win guys, was fun to watch. I don't feel like searching through 30 pages of GDT, does any one happen to have a gif of Karlsson sticking his hair back that they showed in hilarious slow motion? My roommate would much enjoy that gif.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad