Recalled/Assigned: Leafs recall Mason Marchment

horner

May 22, 2007
Komarov brought more of everything, especially defense.

People don't like the comparison but he's Matt Martin with less enforcer and maybe a little bit more offensive ability, but not nearly enough to stick in the NHL long term.
I didn't think Timo would be strong enough for the NHL but he has gotten better and better .
Know he takes runs at players.
Once you get a taste of the NHL , you never know.
Heart and passion.
It's all up to Mason now.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Ideally a 13th forward who can suit up against the larger teams in the league and for the playoffs. We could use a few more in the system long term.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

striker3

Mar 26, 2019
I Agree....

Fifteen years ago. Hes not an NHL er unless he learns to skate.
I liked this because I agree it needs works but I also hope it was just first game and some confusion of not knowing where to be and when. I did love that the first thing he did was make a nice big hit in the corner and grab some momentum for the good guys.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
People don't like the comparison but he's Matt Martin with less enforcer and maybe a little bit more offensive ability, but not nearly enough to stick in the NHL long term.

Less enforcer?? you mean you can do worse than lose all your fights?:sarcasm:

I wouldn't worry about it, I don't think Marchment is good enough to make the roster when all are healthy. He's getting a reward from the org right now, that's likely all this is.

Reactions: CelticDruid

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Still a bit behind NHL play in my opinon. Happy he is getting a chance to see NHL paced hockey... interested to see if its just about adapting for him.

BorntoLose

Nov 4, 2014
looks a bit weak out there got knocked around a bit aint the strongest skater as we know so hopefully we cant see a bit more if he gets another game or two

Jackson14

Feb 23, 2013
Haven't been impressed. His skating is atrocious, he looks weak, awkward and lanky. I think he hit someone on the first shift in his first game but beyond that didn't see any hitting.

Obviously he needs more time to be judged fairly but I want to see a crasher and banger.

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
I thought he was going to be at least a little bid pesty or 'sandy'.

Didn't see much of that, though it's early; maybe he's afraid of making a mistake and taking a bad penalty. He's not been too much of a liability on that line and with that little ice time.
It's not a bad idea for him to be patient, hopefully, he'll get a few good hits in and that'll help his confidence. I guess it's the same as scoring, (hitting that is), you can't force it if it's not there.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
I thought he was going to be at least a little bid pesty or 'sandy'.

Didn't see much of that, though it's early; maybe he's afraid of making a mistake and taking a bad penalty. He's not been too much of a liability on that line and with that little ice time.
It's not a bad idea for him to be patient, hopefully, he'll get a few good hits in and that'll help his confidence. I guess it's the same as scoring, (hitting that is), you can't force it if it's not there.

I tend to think the hitting is not there because he is to slow of a skater to create hitting opportunities...

Reactions: Rogie

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
I like that he is getting a taste of NHL action.

His time with the team is not now however. Back down to get ripe even though he is an older prospect.
This taste allows the coaching staff to show him where he is in development, and how he needs to play to carve out an NHL niche.

Long shot still to be an NHL contributor IMO.

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
Ive wanted him up for a long time, but i think his skating still needs some work. Faster he is the easier itll be for him to hit and forecheck. Thats going to be his game at the NHL level. Id like to see Agostino or hometown boy Wilson get a shot there now

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Too soon to tell.

Yes, you can see speed might be an issue, but he obviously won't be up to the speed of the NHL yet.
Not speed as in skating, but speed as in reacting to activity on the ice.

There is always going to be the slowest player on the team.
Other than Komarov's unnecessary hit on marner, there really wasn't much last night.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
I thought he played pretty well. Broke up a few plays with his positioning, I was hoping for some crashing and banging but the game as a whole was pretty bogged down.

He might be a bit too slow to really catch people. Hard to say after 2 games on the fourth line, though.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
full

Myopic

Feb 26, 2017
I know it's a first impression, and a small sample size, but Marchment looks really unimpressive to me. He hasn't thrown his weight around much either. I was worried about Matt Martin beating the crap out of him all game. You can't have a heavyweight grinder who has never won a fight at the pro level. It lessens the intimidation factor. Now, if he could skate and throw checks like Komarov that's a different story. Leo can't fight either.

Reactions: ChurchOfMatthews

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
I know it's a first impression, and a small sample size, but Marchment looks really unimpressive to me. He hasn't thrown his weight around much either. I was worried about Matt Martin beating the crap out of him all game. You can't have a heavyweight grinder who has never won a fight at the pro level. It lessens the intimidation factor. Now, if he could skate and throw checks like Komarov that's a different story. Leo can't fight either.
Or play anymore

Reactions: ChurchOfMatthews

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad