Confirmed with Link: Leafs re-sign Nazem Kadri to a 4.1M/1Yr deal

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
That's the best evidence you can come up with? Crosby whining? You gotta do better than that. Crosby whines about everything, are you new or something?

LA Kings have won 2 cups behind Mr. Olympic diver himself Dustin Brown and it seems to make no difference whatsoever. And Kadri doesn't have anywhere near the rep that Brown has around the league, not even close.

This is funny.

Please show me the direct quote where I said Kadri has a history of diving?

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
You were the one who brought it up. Maybe one day you'll have something other than diversionary nitpicking.

Oh Gary.

Imagine next year and Kadri has the season of all seasons and makes the 2016-17 team. We can enjoy a beer together and reminisce about all this.

Or he doesn't. He fails his try out contract and we move him for parts.

Either way, I am having a beer and you are welcomed to join me.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
On the topic of diving; I think it's funny that almost all of the players with the worst skating balance in the league are known as big divers. I'm pretty sure that most of Brown's reputation is based on his Clarkson-esque balance and trollish (the internet kind, rather than the Tolkien-version) face. I've seen games where he's fallen down all by himself several times. No wonder the guy seem to go down easy.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
On the topic of diving; I think it's funny that almost all of the players with the worst skating balance in the league are known as big divers. I'm pretty sure that most of Brown's reputation is based on his Clarkson-esque balance and trollish (the internet kind, rather than the Tolkien-version) face. I've seen games where he's fallen down all by himself several times. No wonder the guy seem to go down easy.

:laugh: so maybe they aren't divers, they just can't stand straight. interesting! though the NHL will never let that fly though

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
:laugh: so maybe they aren't divers, they just can't stand straight. interesting! though the NHL will never let that fly though

With some, it might be yeah. I don't think Kadri is a diver for example. He likes to get in tight, have erratic movement patterns and keeps his legs going. That and his lacking balance puts him in a lot of situations where things might happen, and those things lead more often to him going down.

That doesn't really make Kadri a diver, although it's not exactly fair. It's not his fault that we perceive actions based on their effects.

Other times, the reputation is deserved but outdated. Kesler for example. Obvious dives, and even quoted admitting it himself. Has cleaned up his act though.

Mostly, I find it's not as black and white as people make it. It's not divers and non-divers with a line in between, it's something most players do to a varying degree, both in effect and frequency.

I'm just glad it's not as far gone as soccer, where I simply can't hold it against anyone because the sport is so far gone that anybody that don't dive is just putting himself at a disadvantage.

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Kadri's edge control is fantastic, though. He tends to "fall down" because he slows things down in a highly orthodox manner. It could be argued that he needs to get bigger, though.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Oh Gary.

Imagine next year and Kadri has the season of all seasons and makes the 2016-17 team. We can enjoy a beer together and reminisce about all this.

Or he doesn't. He fails his try out contract and we move him for parts.

Either way, I am having a beer and you are welcomed to join me.

What team, Team Canada? If you're talking about the Leafs or any other NHL team then the idea that there is a possibility of him not making the team is just :laugh: Perhaps you should lay off the beer. ;)

With some, it might be yeah. I don't think Kadri is a diver for example. He likes to get in tight, have erratic movement patterns and keeps his legs going. That and his lacking balance puts him in a lot of situations where things might happen, and those things lead more often to him going down.

That doesn't really make Kadri a diver, although it's not exactly fair. It's not his fault that we perceive actions based on their effects.

Other times, the reputation is deserved but outdated. Kesler for example. Obvious dives, and even quoted admitting it himself. Has cleaned up his act though.

Mostly, I find it's not as black and white as people make it. It's not divers and non-divers with a line in between, it's something most players do to a varying degree, both in effect and frequency.

I'm just glad it's not as far gone as soccer, where I simply can't hold it against anyone because the sport is so far gone that anybody that don't dive is just putting himself at a disadvantage.

Indeed. Let's hope hockey never gets to that point!

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
What team, Team Canada? If you're talking about the Leafs or any other NHL team then the idea that there is a possibility of him not making the team is just :laugh: Perhaps you should lay off the beer. ;)

Indeed. Let's hope hockey never gets to that point!
i think he means not making the team for 16/17 because the leafs trade him, i think thats a mistake, but maybe the leafs cant afford him or want to trade him, but thats the only way kadri is not on this team in 16/17 because he is easily our best forward, and their is not a team he is not playing top 9 minutes in the nhl, for most he plays top 6 and for some he can play as the first line center. Im sure he will be amazing next year and we will sign him long term.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Hey speaking of Team Canada, did Kadri get an invite to the Spengler Cup team this spring?

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Hey speaking of Team Canada, did Kadri get an invite to the Spengler Cup team this spring?

We actually had a good team this year at the Worlds. I am pretty sure Kadri never got close to an invite this spring. Nor should he had with the talent on this years's gold medal team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad