Confirmed with Link: Leafs re-sign Nazem Kadri to a 4.1M/1Yr deal

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
One year bridge contract. This is now definitely his make or break year. He either steps up or he's gone.

I believe he can do it and prove himself a core piece going forward. But like everything else we'll just have to wait and see.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
interesting. Prove yourself before you get term. I would have assumed they would have gave him some term after his las deal being a bridge deal.

How long till his RFA runs out?

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Nice. Short term no risk. As much as I'd like to keep him long term it still gives the leafs options at the deadline.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
I'm happy with this, see how he does this year with the increased opportunity and reevaluate him next off season to see if he's deserving of a long term commitment.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Leafs PR ‏@LeafsPR 3m3 minutes ago
The @MapleLeafs announced today that the club has signed forward Nazem Kadri to a one-year contract extension. #TMLTalk
33 retweets 17 favorites
Reply Retweet33 Favorite17 Follow

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle 3m3 minutes ago
Leafs sign Nazem Kadri to a one-year deal.

Mike Brophy ‏@HockeyBroph 36s37 seconds ago
Leafs sign Kadri to 1-yr contract. So basically Kadri has 1-yr to win over Babcock.

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
How much?

Looks like a prove it year for Kadri. Let's hope he has a great season.

ToneBone03

Trust the Shanaplan
Dec 11, 2008
Central Newfoundland
Love that it's a one-year deal. Prove yourself or you'll have to find employment elsewhere. One would think that if he isn't an offensive leader on the team this year he will be gone at the deadline to try and recoup some assets.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
interesting. Prove yourself before you get term. I would have assumed they would have gave him some term after his las deal being a bridge deal.

How long till his RFA runs out?

I believe it's the 27 or 7 rule.

The 27-or-7 Benchmark
Any player whose contract has expired can declare himself an unrestricted free agent if he is at least 27 years old or has at least seven years of service as an NHL

Shwaguy*

I guess it doesn't matter all that much as far as dollar value for the cap.

But this is interesting to say the least.

On one hand, if he does "Prove it" he'll be due a big pay day.

On the other hand. That's not a bad thing if he does "Prove it"

gregreg

Jun 10, 2009
hmm interesting, thought for sure the Leafs would try and get him a 3-4 years but maybe the kadri camp didn't want that? he will be an interesting player to watch this season for sure

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I believe it's the 27 or 7 rule.

The 27-or-7 Benchmark
Any player whose contract has expired can declare himself an unrestricted free agent if he is at least 27 years old or has at least seven years of service as an NHL

I know that, but I don't know Kadri's age or birthday in the back of my head and I don't know what the reference date for that is.

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
Regardless of the team situation we have to be strict with our contracts we give out. From day 1 we must make sure to give out fair contracts that will help the team.

I am happy to see we aren't just going to give term to players. We shouldn't be afraid to let a player move on if they are asking for something that could hurt us in the future. I have faith in this management in this.

ldnk

Apr 8, 2009
Mike Brophy ‏@HockeyBroph 36s37 seconds ago
Leafs sign Kadri to 1-yr contract. So basically Kadri has 1-yr to win over Babcock.

.........or, you know, he could be looking to cash in next year and rather than sign a smaller 2-year deal he's going to try and rebound and have a big year when he's likely to be the focal point among the forwards.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
Wow so I'm expecting a hig year for naz, and the possibility of him being dealt at the deadline is not that unlikely anymore

Lebanese Leaf

Sep 19, 2009
Toronto, ON
.........or, you know, he could be looking to cash in next year and rather than sign a smaller 2-year deal he's going to try and rebound and have a big year when he's likely to be the focal point among the forwards.

Naw that's not dramatic enough of an explanation...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad