Confirmed with Link: Leafs Re-sign Carrick to 1 year deal (600k; two-way)

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Easy re-sign. Intriguing player and potential. Not the highest upside player but should definitely be a decent bottom line player in the near future.

Hopefully he gets a good look under Babcock, something he didn't get much of under Carlyle and Horacheck.

Durkin67

Hoping Sill gets a new deal from TOR as well. I like his "enthusiasm".

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
A fan of Carrick - good to see .. Is it a one way or two way deal then?

Hard working player bodes well for some success under Babcock .. Really intrigued to see the impact Babs has on young players like Carrick

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
@HennyTweets: Leafs sign Sam Carrick to a 1 year contract. A Babcock type player, I expect Sam to make the big club this fall. #TMLtalk

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
Easy re-sign. Intriguing player and potential. Not the highest upside player but should definitely be a decent bottom line player in the near future.

Hopefully he gets a good look under Babcock, something he didn't get much of under Carlyle and Horacheck.

I can honestly see him potting 10 goals in the NHL. If he plays a full season of 3rd line minutes, maybe even in that first full season. I wouldn't be shocked if he had a 15-20 goal campaign or two during his career too. He's not the most talented pure scorer by any stretch, but he plays hard and gets into the chippy areas and has solid play making vision. Solid on the face offs too, and good defensively. Should be a go to on the PK at the very least.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Decent young 4th line guy. Solid signing, look forward to what he can learn under Babcock.

I agree, Sill and Carrick on a line together will be lots of energy and will wear down other teams.

Bringing Sill back would definitely help bring the compete level that we want to see. Guy tries real hard. A line of Sill-Carrick-Kozun is 100% heart.

Durkin67

Babcock teams don't carry an enforcer and are some of the least penatlized teams in the league.

Yeah, I dont characterize Sill as an enforcer so much as an energy guy who can fight when called upon. Babcock teams aren't typically comprised of an overwhelming majority of undersized young skill guys with little to no physicality, either.

Who keeps the Riellys, Gardiners, and even Kadris safe out there?

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
I don't think he's the 3rd line centre on the Leafs.

Easily a 4th liner on this team. But the benefit of Babcock's system is even their 4th liners average over 10 minutes a game. The only player that didn't average 10 minutes a game this season in Detroit was Dan Cleary and he played 17 games.

Smart re-signing and he'll be a fan favourite by the end of the year.

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
Lol he's exactly a babcock style player. He's gonna be our luke glenndening, watch

Last edited:

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
He's put in his work with the Marlies, love his motor.

Hopefully under Babcock we start seeing every player in the line-up being played more, no more of this primitive 3 to 4 minutes a game like we saw under Carlyle for 4th line guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad