Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
spoiler: yah

.com.google.Chrome.gif

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
Honestly having trouble getting excited for this. As someone else said, it felt like a bad playoff loss last game. Still bitter about it. Just don't even want to think about hockey at all.

Most likely going to tune it, but man. I feel more hopeless about the team than I have in years. The difference between before having a bad team collapse vs knowing you have a damn good team, on a limited window, and wasting a year in the dumbest way.

Well said! I agree. The only way I see us having at least a 2 or 3 year window (hopefully more), is trading one of the big 3 (Tavares won’t be traded). I’m liking Nylander more this year, but I would have to think he would be the one to go, and that would be okay. But he will not bring a #1 defenceman.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
that was my exact reaction to you telling a poster to cheer for a new team because he dislikes the gm....

The poster did no say he dislikes the GM.

He said the GM needs to go (and that he called it years ago) which is objectively incorrect. So no.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Thanks Mr. Positive.

I think they come out strong and lay a beat down.
Hey, how often do they come out and disappoint? Too often IMHO!

Sure, since Keefe took over, it has been better.

You can't tell me that most of us expected a beat down of the Senators. Our Leafs barely beat them in OT FFS.

They had a score to settle with Florida after they trounced our Leafs 8-4. What happened in that game Monday night?

So yeah, I'm a little negative right now!

I want to see them lay a beat down on NY tonight, I just don't expect it to happen!

Reactions: LeafsRus

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
No outcome win or lose tonight will be the absolute gut punch of Monday night. I felt sick to my stomach.

Reactions: crump

Tall Morty

Visualize the action to actualize the vision
Apr 18, 2017
why because he does not like the GM he has to pick a new team thats silly....
I’m all for people sharing their opinions, even if I don’t agree with them, but that poster shows up every once in a while to tell everyone the team sucks, or the GM sucks, and that he was right all along, then disappears for a little while. It’s a bit tired and played out, and really adds nothing to the discussion. And if you never have a positive thing to say about a team, why be a fan of said team?

Reactions: meng666

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
I’m all for people sharing their opinions, even if I don’t agree with them, but that poster shows up every once in a while to tell everyone the team sucks, or the GM sucks, and that he was right all along, then disappears for a little while. It’s a bit tired and played out, and really adds nothing to the discussion. And if you never have a positive thing to say about a team, why be a fan of said team?
If that logic worked then the Leafs would have folded by now. Do you think during their mediocre years not long ago that there was anything positive to talk about? There's no binding legal principle that you have to be positive at all times. And if that bothers people...they have ignore lists for a reason.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
You know, HF gets tons of disdain in other hockey circles, but man even the worst around here can look like geniuses compared to some people you see elsewhere.

Highlights of like five minutes browsing through Twitter:

- If Babcock was coach, we'd still be playing solid, boring hockey right now, which is what this team needs.
- If you take out all the good parts of the season, we've really struggled under Keefe.
- Andersen is the best goaltender in the league, and we've just been lucky under Keefe because we get bailed out by elite goaltending.
- Leafs absolutely mailed it in against Florida, atrocious defense from start to finish, and our stars just coasted through the game.
- Kadri is playing like a superstar in Colorado, while Barrie and Kerfoot has been complete non-factors.
- The only reason Nylander is doing well is because Leafs are finally playing dump and chase hockey.

All this from actual Leafs fans spouting actual opinions. It's pretty amazing.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
If that logic worked then the Leafs would have folded by now. Do you think during their mediocre years not long ago that there was anything positive to talk about? There's no binding legal principle that you have to be positive at all times. And if that bothers people...they have ignore lists for a reason.

what happened was the players became more important than the team.

team was garbage but some players provided entertainment.

TheKule

Jun 3, 2011
You know, HF gets tons of disdain in other hockey circles, but man even the worst around here can look like geniuses compared to some people you see elsewhere.

- If Babcock was coach, we'd still be playing solid, boring hockey right now, which is what this team needs.
- If you take out all the good parts of the season, we've really struggled under Keefe.
- Andersen is the best goaltender in the league, and we've just been lucky under Keefe because we get bailed out by elite goaltending.
- Leafs absolutely mailed it in against Florida, atrocious defense from start to finish, and our stars just coasted through the game.
- Kadri is playing like a superstar in Colorado, while Barrie and Kerfoot has been complete non-factors.
- The only reason Nylander is doing well is because Leafs are finally playing dump and chase hockey.

Some people have no idea what they're watching, they rely entirely on the score and a narrative. Sid Seixero is a good example.

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
what happened was the players became more important than the team.

team was garbage but some players provided entertainment.

What era?

The one thing without a lot of those god awful teams, was that we still hit, forechecked, and fought. We may have been an easy W for the other team, but we were gonna make you need an ice bath more often then not. At least prior to the 2000's, that Jason Blake, Hagman, Stajan team was really hard to like at times.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline

The last one is the best, I can't believe there is so much wrong in one sentence.
- We are not playing dumb and chase hockey, the complete opposite has been preached
- Dump and chase hockey would be the worst hockey system for Nylander to succeed
- How can you downplay a player's success because of the system? No matter what the system is, it shouldn't be used as a detractor... In fact, the more systems you can play well in the better.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
What era?

The one thing without a lot of those god awful teams, was that we still hit, forechecked, and fought. We may have been an easy W for the other team, but we were gonna make you need an ice bath more often then not. At least prior to the 2000's, that Jason Blake, Hagman, Stajan team was really hard to like at times.

multiple since '67

Salming lived through a couple

sittler era was fine but short lived

Clark era

valve scoring 50

sundin sandwiched

Last edited:

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

I'm rendered speechless. I've never paid any attention to twitter, based on this I guess that's a good thing. Just wow.

Edit - oh yeah I almost forgot, huge game tonight, GLG!!

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Lot of talk around the Kings being the partner the Leafs need to acquire goalie. Jack Campbell the obvious choice, with the Kings high on Petersen. Price on Georgiev is way too high.

Reactions: saffronleaf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad