Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Predators Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
You know...I'm going to retract any concerns about where we have Kadri. Everything below Kessel's line is pretty much the same anyways.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Liles is better than Ranger. Sucks we can't call him up due to cap woes.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Hope McClement's return lets Randy get back to a 3-line group instead of the 2-line team he tried to run last night.

2-line offenses don't work anymore. You need 3 lines.

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
Kessel better not bring the same game he did last night. Stayed on the perimeters, taking low percent shots all night. He created some nice chances, but all of his shots were horrible.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Kadri playing with Orr, Lupul injured, Clarkson suspended, Kulemin injured...Yeah I will not be surprised at all if 3-1 changes to 3-3 in a hurry.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
JvR-Bozak-Kessel
Lupul-Kadri-Leivo
Raymond-Bolland-Ashton
Broll-McClement-Orr

Looks a hell of a lot better then last night

That's because you are assuming that's the way the lines will be played.

Seeing Kadri with Orr is going to be a lot of fun.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Mirtle: Lupul joins growing list of injured Leafs

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...eafs-growing-list-of-injured/article14771530/

Like the rest of his teammates, Joffrey Lupul said all the right things about the Toronto Maple Leafs thin lineup after Tuesday’s loss, noting that every NHL team had to deal with injuries and have players step up from the minors.

What he didn’t reveal at the time was that he was hurting himself, the result of a collision with Colorado Avalanche forward PA Parenteau that left Lupul with a bruised calf that could keep him out of a game or two.

Added to the absences of Kulemin, Mark Fraser, Frazer McLaren and David Clarkson (whose preseason suspension has six games to go), Lupul’s loss could mean Toronto has to test its minor league depth even further, with another new set of recalls coming on Wednesday before a marathon video and practice session.

Going back to the Marlies were Trevor Smith and Jamie Devane.

Coming in as reinforcements are three players Carlyle said impressed at camp David Broll, Josh Leivo and T.J. Brennan, bringing the Leafs up to the 23-man roster limit.

Brennan, in particular, had a strong showing in his brief time in the AHL, scoring four goals and adding two assists in two games to earn the league’s player of the week honours.

From Willingboro, N.J., Brennan is a 24-year-old offensive defenceman who spent last season split between the Buffalo Sabres and the Florida Panthers and has a shot to draw into the Leafs lineup in the near future.

He has an interesting back story as he didn’t start playing hockey until 11 or 12 but made the QMJHL’s St. John’s Fog Devils at 17 and has had some good offensive seasons at the junior and minor league level.

Like every defenceman in the organization except for Cody Franson, Brennan is a lefthand shot, but he said Wednesday he prefers to play on the right side.

That’s where there may be an opening if Carlyle chooses to sit Paul Ranger, Jake Gardiner or Morgan Rielly against the Predators.

Tyler Biggs*

Lots of mediocre teams coming up this month the Leafs need to take seriously, and bank it up.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
So looks like our 2nd line is going to be our legit 3rd line... Man this sucks right now, so many injuries.

kesleaf

Mar 3, 2011
I swear to god if Kadri is playing with Orr again I'm going to ****ing lose it.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I swear to god if Kadri is playing with Orr again I'm going to ****ing lose it.

You can lose it right now if you want. You know it will just make it easier to digest.

Kadri will play with Orr. We're trying Kadri out to see if he can be turned into an enforcer... :(

****ing sucks seeing him with Orr. I wish I could say it was a one time thing...but I don't think it is.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
You can lose it right now if you want. You know it will just make it easier to digest.

Kadri will play with Orr. We're trying Kadri out to see if he can be turned into an enforcer... :(

****ing sucks seeing him with Orr. I wish I could say it was a one time thing...but I don't think it is.
Happened for a few games last season...I honestly dont see reasoning behind this is makes no sense at all.

kypredsfan

Smashville Subban
Jan 20, 2011
Mt. Juliet, TN
Good luck to all Leaf fans. If I had to pick another team it would be Toronto. I believe the last time we met it was a crazy back and forth game with lots of goals. Here's to another dandy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad