GDT: Leafs@Predators 8PM TSN4

Status
Not open for further replies.

theTTC

Aug 17, 2010
"The Leafs held Nashville to two shots that period".

Uh, no, Nashville held Nashville to two shots that period. They couldn't care less if they score again as long as Toronto doesn't.

They be trappin'. Boring.
This is an excellent point.

Reactions: TML11

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Matthews is playing amazing. My only beef is he isn't using his line mates. Gotta make some plays to break Nashville's system.

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013

Tavares and Muzzin will do the heavy lifting to carry the Leafs past the big bad Bruins.

Tavares is elite around the net ....He's not the guy who will dazzle you with his stickhandling but his shot and hand/eye coordination gets him goals.
However I do think he looks tired out there.
Load management anyone?

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
"The Leafs held Nashville to two shots that period".

Uh, no, Nashville held Nashville to two shots that period. They couldn't care less if they score again as long as Toronto doesn't.

They be trappin'. Boring.
You could also argue they had the best chance that period on that shorthanded play

Reactions: cookie

ElbowLander

Jan 12, 2018
I mean Marleau hasn't done a ****ing thing in how long and he's still getting regular shifts and even PP time.

When your standards for giving ice-time don't involve actual on ice play, there's a serious ****ing problem.
Thats the problem. There is no accountability on this team. Why would anyone work hard

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
So the question I have is?

Has Muzzin adapted to the Leafs style?
or
Has Muzzin adapted to the Leafs style?

Some pretty dumb decisions with the puck or is he expecting the forwards to do something they just don't do?

Matthews made one of those dumb passes the other game, trying to hit Marincin and it ended up in his own net.

Even still after the Muzzin giveaway, and with about 4 players around the play the Preds passed the puck around like it was a 2-0.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Tavares is elite around the net ....He's not the guy who will dazzle you with his stickhandling but his shot and hand/eye coordination gets him goals.
Load management anyone?

Hainsey should definitely be rested down the stretch.
He needs to be good on that first pairing if we have any hope of slowing down Bostons first line.

To not rest this guy back to back seasons right before the playoffs would be a massive headscratcher.

Reactions: frizzer1

Leafs27

Ceci n'est pas un joueur de hockey.
Mar 13, 2007
Kingston, ON
"Play something in C minor."

*plays something in B minor*

Okay, Skip the Dishes. What are we supposed to believe, this is some sort of magic piano?? Gee, I hope someone got fired for that blunder!

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
The muzzin trade?

Most people have no issue with it...far from brutal that's for sure.

He saved us in Philly but that gift wrapped goal he gave to the Preds might be the difference tonight and that was after a giveaway that he lucked out on, he should have learned his lesson.

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
I can understand not sitting out Marleau because of his reputation and all that, but him being on the third line, an offensive line, is ridiculous.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Load management anyone?
Nah, he always looks like that

TML11

Feb 11, 2017
OT: What exactly did Gardiner injure? I don't even remember when/how this happened? Any one?

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
now if this was bizaro world I would play devils advocate and say this team is just luling the bruins in to a false sense of security hoping they get over confident for the leafs just to turn it on full juggernaut mode as game 1 starts . god I need some alcohol or some fancy herbs

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I mean Marleau hasn't done a ****ing thing in how long and he's still getting regular shifts and even PP time.

When your standards for giving ice-time don't involve actual on ice play, there's a serious ****ing problem.

I don't really think with Babcock it is about earning your ice time, unless you're under 23.

He's loyal to his vets, perhaps to a fault.

Marleau is under contract next year, and if Babcock tries to prolong his iron man streak ... Dubas should step in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad