Prospect Info: Leafs Pick - #95 - Jesper Lindgren - Defense - SWE 5' 11" / 161

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Jesper Lindgren

http://thehockeywriters.com/jesper-lindgren-the-next-ones-nhl-2015-draft-prospect-profile/

Date of birth: 5/19/1997
Place of birth: Umea, Sweden
Ht: 6’0″ Wt: 161 lbs
Shoots: Right
Position: D

“Possible first round sleeper who has come out of nowhere with eye-popping skating, skills and swashbuckling offensive skills. An aggressive offensive player you will jump up in pinches and fake defenders to him and place the puck to an opponent or simply freeze the defender and blow on by. Incredibly cool and confident, with legs and moves that sometimes don’t work, but cause defenders to think about what they might encounter on the next touch. He has elusive puck control that isn’t going to ever stay back if he has an inkling he can make a play. His feet let him get back when the puck is turned over in transition. A bold gunslinger who needs to get stronger, bigger and continue to progress. Displays Karlsson-like attributes and seems on a quick developmental track to the first round if there is a team looking willing to take the chance to watch him progress.“

thumb_460.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

JMcLeaf

Jesper Lindgren, an impressive blend of skill, speed, determination, and intelligence, is the one player you don't want to see carrying the puck if you are his adversary. The nimble puck-carrying defenseman plays above his age, and is confident enough in his abilites to make creative plays under pressure. He is poised with the puck and possesses a high level of hockey sense; he is always aware of what is unfolding in the play, and never seems to make irrational decisions or bend under adversity. What he lacks in size, he makes up for in spirit and cunning. However, he doesn't shy away from puck battles, and will use his body to barge his way in and swoop out with the puck. All-in-all, a talented offensive blueliner who plays an adaptive, new-age style of hockey.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=187806

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Saw him when they kept tabs on Nylander in Modo, ive seen him listed as 6'0, and he's a right handed shot which is nice!

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Late-round Swedish defenseman. Bergman's M.O.

Jesper Lindgren, an impressive blend of skill, speed, determination, and intelligence, is the one player you don't want to see carrying the puck if you are his adversary. The nimble puck-carrying defenseman plays above his age, and is confident enough in his abilites to make creative plays under pressure. He is poised with the puck and possesses a high level of hockey sense; he is always aware of what is unfolding in the play, and never seems to make irrational decisions or bend under adversity. What he lacks in size, he makes up for in spirit and cunning. However, he doesn't shy away from puck battles, and will use his body to barge his way in and swoop out with the puck. All-in-all, a talented offensive blueliner who plays an adaptive, new-age style of hockey.

Seems to be the theme of this draft. I like it.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
I am surprised they picked Martins before him. Unless Hunter knew something about Martins

Jesper reminds me of vantanen expect for this kid got some balls

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
Was at the top of my list when it came to this pick, although I should say that my list is very raw/random at this point. I can't claim to differentiate these guys much.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Love it! He's been limited by his lack of muscle but this is a very exciting player.

Strålman is not a bad comparison.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
We thank you, O Bergman, for this gift, which we are unworthy to receive. But just say his name and he will be picked.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Another great value pick. Tons of upside. I had him as a big sleeper on my board.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad