Prospect Info: Leafs Pick - #95 - Jesper Lindgren - Defense - SWE 5' 11" / 161

mikebel111*

this is a nice pick. has some great skill for a d man.

sleeper to be best d man in this draft. nice value

mikebel111*

I doubt anyone knows who this kid is or has seen him play. But great pick. <sorry it just makes me chuckle>

well it seems he had a small chance to go in 1st round from what I have heard.

sleeper pick and with Bergman here, should work out:)

high skilled d man

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
These picks are going to need to eat their wheaties if they want to grow a few more inches each, Grapes must be losing his damn mind. Absolutely love the skill picks though. Leafs are clearly committed to choosing players with high skill and hockey iq. One or two growth spurts and we will have hit some serious homeruns.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
this is a nice pick. has some great skill for a d man.

sleeper to be best d man in this draft. nice value
You mean for the Leafs right?:laugh:

always excited to see the European picks.

These guys are still years away though. Lots of time to get better/worse.
Nice to see the skills and smarts focus in these picks though.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Erik Karlsson, I can see it already!! :sarcasm:

Funny you say that

Possible first round sleeper who has come out of nowhere with eye-popping skating, skills and swashbuckling offensive skills. An aggressive offensive player you will jump up in pinches and fake defenders to him and place the puck to an opponent or simply freeze the defender and blow on by. Incredibly cool and confident, with legs and moves that sometimes don’t work, but cause defenders to think about what they might encounter on the next touch. He has elusive puck control that isn’t going to ever stay back if he has an inkling he can make a play. His feet let him get back when the puck is turned over in transition. A bold gunslinger who needs to get stronger, bigger and continue to progress. Displays Karlsson-like attributes and seems on a quick developmental track to the first round if there is a team looking willing to take the chance to watch him progress.“

Bill Placzek – DraftSite.com

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
I doubt anyone knows who this kid is or has seen him play. But great pick. <sorry it just makes me chuckle>

I've seen him a couple of times. Looked very, very good. In Sweden he's been referred to as the next Karlsson as a young player. Obviously very unrealistic, but the similarities are there.

EDIT:

Adding this just to make sure. Don't expect a Karlsson, that's not realistic. They look similar, but Karlsson was a better prospect who exploded development-wise.

Last edited:

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
When it comes to Bergmann you can have faith. He's proven time and time again when it comes to those Swedish picks.

Auston Matthews

Maple Leafs.
Dec 6, 2010
Mississauga
Probably the best looking player in the draft, looks like Leonardo Di Caprio.

thumb_460.jpg

Titanic_123Pyxurz.jpg

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
I'll never doubt Bergmann

This. And you know what, the big, projectible-type picks of the last regime haven't exactly worked out well for us for the most part. So I'm fine with trying something different.

If there's one scout/exec in this whole Leaf mgmt group I trust, it's Bergman

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
Seen him maybe 20 times this season. Don't expect a new Karlsson, but a player with similar attributes.

That's absolutely fine by me. If he could even be an EK-superlite that would be outstanding for the organization. I will take this skill/IQ over brute all day long

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->