Prospect Info: Leafs Pick #185 -Nikita Korostelev - RW - Sarnia Sting OHL (RUS) 6' 1" 195

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
"His biggest flaw is almost a complete lack of game when he doesn’t have the puck. That might be a matter of learning and maturing into a 200 game."

This will be eliminated under Keefe & Babcock.

Busher Jackson

4x 1st Team Allstar
Mar 4, 2010
This draft has real potential to be big time. There could be 5-6 NHL players drafted. I am all aboard the draft for skill, trade for size philosophy of Hunter-Dubas.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
The whole russian community congratulate you to this huge steal. Everybody in Russia was baffled how he wasn't picked much, much higher.

Pholus

May 23, 2014
Given how far he fell, it makes me wonder how bad his skating is. Otherwise, he sounds kind of similar to Sprong. Seems like a real boom/bust pick.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Shoulder injury had him out for a month this season. Was looking like a late first early second rounder until then. Still led his team in scoring by the end of season. Very nice pick, almost seems like scouts reduce value of players because of draft year injuries.

Steven1562

May 13, 2013
Needs to improve his defensive game if he wants to crack the roster but the offensive skills can be elite at times. Solid pick in the 7th round.

Mystifo

No more Mr.FightGuy
May 26, 2011
YYT
I love this pick. I was mentioning him a while back as someone I would love to target. The fact he fell this far is just amazing.

For people don't know he is born in Russia but grew up in the Toronto hockey program. He has spent most of his time playing in Canada so I would not consider him a flight risk.

JMcLeaf

Nikita Korostelev ‏@NKoro35 3m3 minutes ago
The most emotional day in my life! Glad its all over! Really exited to be a part of the @MapleLeafs organization! Now the real work starts!

pedis

brochefs
Mar 14, 2014
mars
The whole russian community congratulate you to this huge steal. Everybody in Russia was baffled how he wasn't picked much, much higher.
Thanks buddy, agreed this russian factor is just too much to handle sometime, but im happy because the leafs are the ones who benefit.

sda

Feb 18, 2008
"His biggest flaw is almost a complete lack of game when he doesn’t have the puck. That might be a matter of learning and maturing into a 200 game."

This will be eliminated under Keefe & Babcock.
Defense can be taught. Skill not so much, with a new emphasis on developing players hopefully he becomes a well rounded player

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
Wow this is really the icing on the cake of a really great draft full of young men with tons of talent and high hockey I.Qs.

This guy was a steal.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Just saw his draft interview video on the Leafs website.

Scary how much he looks and talks like Grabovski.

carko32

May 14, 2014
Slovenia
How did he fell to 7th round is beyond me. He has good skill, hopefully he'll train hard and have all the needed support from our staff and become huge steal for us.

I believed he'll go in 3rd round, I think that his numbers suggest that his upside is 2nd line winger.

I wish he a lot of luck and hard work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad