Proposal: Leafs - Penguins

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Tyler Bozak 25% ret
Curtis McElhinny
for
Ian Cole
2nd, 4th

Penguins fill two major holes, leafs solidify the back end, and get some picks to use in later trades​

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Pretty meh on Cole, but the 2nd and 4th look nice and hopefully he's a guy we can flip for more picks/prospects.

Works for me.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I've said roughly this a few times already. I'd be on board. Would rather have Pickard though. So remove the 2nd if it's McE. Add it if it's Pickard.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
who's going to play centre for Toronto, their centre depth isn't very good

and please oh please do not say Nylander
Marleau has been playing centre of late, as he's done before in his career. The depth looks something along the lines of:

Matthews
Kadri
Marleau
Moore
Fehr
Aaltonen
Gauthier

and that's excluding Nylander, who himself has rotated in for face-offs at times and will soon make the transition.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
No thank you.

Cole was playing just under 19 minutes a night in the playoffs for the cup winners last postseason and Pickard cleared waivers less than 2 months ago...

But I guess with the Leafs being desperate for defense it wouldn't make sense to trade a 3rd (4th?) string goalie who has never played a single game for them to try and patch that hole.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
[
What if...

Leafs Loan Pickard to Pits for COle

I don't even...I mean...what? What is this? Leafs LOAN a player to the Pens...and get #4 dman back?

Think this through and explain your rational. I mean, you can't first of all according to league rules...but explain why you believe this is something both teams would want to do.

Cole, 2nd for Bozak, Pickard

Easy.

Yup.

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
Tyler Bozak 25% ret
Curtis McElhinny
for
Ian Cole
2nd, 4th

Penguins fill two major holes, leafs solidify the back end, and get some picks to use in later trades​

Yes I would do this. Wouldn't substitute Pickard.

Seems like Pens want a vet anyway

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Pretty decent proposal, I'd rather trade Bozak for better futures but if that's what we did tomorrow, I'm ok with it

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
This is a good proposal. Imo. Only one thing i would change: McElhinny is a FA next year right? I don't see the Pens having any interest in retaining him next year..maybe change the 4th to a 6th then its a yes for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad