Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Penguins Dec 9th, 7pm EST HNIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I believe he looks pretty stupid that he starts the game with the same weak lines that don't start slow and generate nothing, changes them up to decent lines that actually do accomplish things, and then reverts back by the start of the next game for no reason
:laugh:

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
it makes perfect sense. you get your opinions straight from Babcock, so it's no surprise you have none to share at the moment
:laugh: I don't know what you're going on about. What opinion would you like? That I don't believe that Babcock does things for "no reason"? Some things go without saying.

"Babcock cares more about sticking it to critics than anything else. "
"he starts the game with the same weak lines that don't start slow and generate nothing,"

Some things are too dumb to comment on.

:laugh: You do crack me up though.

ImpartialNHLfan

Oct 26, 2011
Parts Unknown
I've been a Bozak supporter for years, but I think he needs to sit in the press box.
Hyman-Matthews-Brown
JVR?-Nylander-Marner

I guarantee Willie and Mitch would put up big points together.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
I mean Matthews line hasnt played great but I bet the teams record since they were put together is pretty damn good as the Leafs have just been winning games even when they don't deserve it recently...
quite the opposite actually, over 2 seasons whenever matthews and nylander play away from each other their production actually tanks. Don't kid yourself, this team has been garbage for 2-3 weeks, the wins are from andersen not from matthews lately.

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
"Babcock cares more about sticking it to critics than anything else. "

Some things are too dumb to comment on.

I don't know what babcock's thinking...who does?

But...Mathews and Nylander are one of the most potent 3 on 3 duos in the league,if not the most.
Does anyone believe that Hyman is a better choice than Nylander?
Obviously not..
Was Nylander hurt? He played later in the 3 on 3..

So why did babcock do that? he's not stupid...

Can anyone explain to me what he's doing and why?

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Saw the first period of the Pens-Isles game yesterday. That was like watching a game on fast forward. Both teams play with a pace that Toronto used to play at last season. Both teams are incredibly fast and talented and playing to their strengths. Toronto isn't.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Pens stack their #1 PP unit with their best players. They don't try to have 2 balanced units. Why don't the Leafs try that sometime? You can have Matthews, Marner, Nylander, and one of Kadri/JvR. Our pp is decent enough but it really frustrates me seeing Babcock start every PP with the Bozak unit when he can just stack 1 unit with his best players instead.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Pens stack their #1 PP unit with their best players. They don't try to have 2 balanced units. Why don't the Leafs try that sometime? You can have Matthews, Marner, Nylander, and one of Kadri/JvR. Our pp is decent enough but it really frustrates me seeing Babcock start every PP with the Bozak unit when he can just stack 1 unit with his best players instead.
I agree. the top 4 powerplays in the league by far are Tampa, Nashville, Pittsburgh, and Winnipeg. Washington is also ahead of the Leafs. Stacked powerplays really work

Reactions: hurricanematthews

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
We’ve won 3 out of 4 games and the only real stinker was against the flames after a road trip and long break.

If you go back a game further we were great against the capitals as well

Why the overreacting?

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
I don't know what babcock's thinking...who does?

But...Mathews and Nylander are one of the most potent 3 on 3 duos in the league,if not the most.
Does anyone believe that Hyman is a better choice than Nylander?
Obviously not..
Was Nylander hurt? He played later in the 3 on 3..

So why did babcock do that? he's not stupid...

Can anyone explain to me what he's doing and why?
Made no sense to me either that Hyman was on for the 3 on 3, I'm guessing because he's good defensively.
He wouldn't be my choice but I'm confident that he wasn't put out to "stick it to critics" or "for no reason".

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
We’ve won 3 out of 4 games and the only real stinker was against the flames after a road trip and long break.

If you go back a game further we were great against the capitals as well

Why the overreacting?
we looked terrible against the Oilers after the first period. and if you go back a game even further we were dreadful against Carolina. Overall this team could be a lot better

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
No idea. It's not just Pittsburgh, it's every f***ing team in the league except us. Not to mention - with all of the offensive depth at Babcock's disposal, he uses Leo Komorav on the PP.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Oh looks it’s time to complain about the lines again, what a refreshing change of pace.

I sure do miss when we were terrible, stupid Babcock only having us second in the east. What does that dinosaur know about coaching.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Made no sense to me either that Hyman was on for the 3 on 3, I'm guessing because he's good defensively.
He wouldn't be my choice but I'm confident that he wasn't put out to "stick it to critics" or "for no reason".

I’d have preffered Nylander but didn’t Hyman and Matthews have our best chance in OT?

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
we looked terrible against the Oilers after the first period. and if you go back a game even further we were dreadful against Carolina. Overall this team could be a lot better

and we were really good against Calgary the game before, and dominant against Vancouver in the last 40 on Saturday. From what I remember, the Calgary game at home and the Carolina game were the last two terrible games we've played. We're 7th in PP % and 2nd in the Atlantic, but you're right, there is room to improve. That should be scary for other teams to consider.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Oh looks it’s time to complain about the lines again, what a refreshing change of pace.

I sure do miss when we were terrible, stupid Babcock only having us second in the east. What does that dinosaur know about coaching.
*Frederik Andersen has us second the east.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008

For sure they can play better but if you look at that oilers game score adjusted we were the better team and had a lot more high dancer chances.

The oilers just had a boner when they were trailing because their season was on the line, we’ve seen desperate teams take it to teams all the time.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
No idea. It's not just Pittsburgh, it's every ****ing team in the league except us. Not to mention - with all of the offensive depth at Babcock's disposal, he uses Leo Komorav on the PP.
Is there something wrong with our PP? Last time I checked it was pretty damn good for quite some time.
Always focusing on the negative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad