GDT: Leafs @ Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
He moved Tavares and Marner to face a different Florida line, still didn't work...the special teams are the difference tonight...that's not on Babcock.

You put different personnel on the PP unit when it hasn't been working for many games in a row. That's 100% on the coach.

Brownbeard

Oct 6, 2017
This team is flat. They're sloppy, too. Florida's compete level is higher and they're simply trying more. They're playing better because of it.

It's a boring, frustrating and kind of hard to watch game.

Reactions: AreBe

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Babcock was definitely once a great coach.

I'm not convinced he's so special anymore and think plenty of coachs could get the same results with the amount of talent we have.

If we go out in the first round again I would definitely go in a different direction at coach.

You would think this team is in last place the way some of you talk about our coach.

So he could do as good as plenty of coaches? OK good to know.

The guy is a good coach, you can hate all you want.

Prospero

Feb 23, 2013
Buffalo
I’m sorry but Babcock has overstayed his welcome, we have too much talent to be losing a game like this and if we lose in the first round again it’s just not acceptable.

Is anyone legitimately going to defend Babcock to remain as the coach of this team if we lose in round 1 again?

Serious question.
Depends.

I bet they win one round though.

I give them 50/50 to win tonight. They need to keep playing hard and get a dirty goal. Hyman style.

Brownbeard

Oct 6, 2017
The fourth line is being exposed these days. They keep getting hemmed in, giving up goals and not being up to par against the other teams' lower lines. Something needs to improve or change.

Is Lindholm good enough? Should Grundstrom be given a chance? (I think he should be, yes). Brown has also not had a good year.

Brownbeard

Oct 6, 2017
That second goal was also scored after the Leafs' defense and penalty killers overall gave up on the play.

KobeBean143

VINO #24 #8 #2 MVP
Mar 13, 2015
You would think this team is in last place the way some of you talk about our coach.

So he could do as good as plenty of coaches? OK good to know.

The guy is a good coach, you can hate all you want.

Dzone setup
PP set up
Break out

Those are probably the 3 most coachable aspects of the game, so what makes him a good coach

Reactions: weems and hudster

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
When you've got the talent that we do on the first unit, you've got to look at the players. They're the ones who need to break through and actually get it together.

AreBe

This is the Real Are Be and not a Burner account!
Apr 1, 2013
Clog the neutral zone
And skate at the Leafs
Take away space and a blanket over them thrown
Don’t like ‘em? I have others, but those are my beliefs

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
The fourth line is being exposed these days. They keep getting hemmed in, giving up goals and not being up to par against the other teams' lower lines. Something needs to improve or change.

Is Lindholm good enough? Should Grundstrom be given a chance? (I think he should be, yes). Brown has also not had a good year.
Goat and Leivo weren’t stars by any means but at least they gave us some heavy and the ability to cycle. A trait seriously lacking.

Reactions: Brownbeard

TakeTheBody

Jan 10, 2018
How's that Babcock PP enforcer thing working out? Kapanen gets a late hit cheap shot on his knee. So our PP enforcer doesn't score. Then Kappy is so angry at no help from the refs and maybe his team. His next time on the ice he had one thing in mind. Take a penalty, step over the line. He's angry, pissed off and succeeds in his mission. He takes a penalty. and of course the Panthers score.

So tonight so far the enforcer is -2. didn't score, let in a goal on the PK. And maybe even -3 another one of our better players takes a cheap shot.

Dubas signs Sestito. Babcock thinks the PP is our enforcer. This looks like an issue they don't see eye to eye on.

Reactions: hudster

MorrisSmit89

Mar 20, 2014
Now that we have Willy back and we know he's elite with some open space.. get some guys on that line that can do damage. Kadri is wasted on PP1 and Kap is wasted on the bench.

Reactions: AreBe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad