GDT: Leafs @ Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morlu

Nov 4, 2011
I’m sorry but Babcock has overstayed his welcome, we have too much talent to be losing a game like this and if we lose in the first round again it’s just not acceptable.

Is anyone legitimately going to defend Babcock to remain as the coach of this team if we lose in round 1 again?

Serious question.

He 100% should be fired if we lose round 1. That’s my opinion as well.

Reactions: ElbowLander

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Thank goodness we got that feel good loss the other night. The lack of points and lack of scoring really trending in the right direction.

This team is embarrassing their mothers.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
But, again, my main concern is specifically that when Matthews decides to show up, he's quite possibly the best player in the league. But when he doesn't show up, he's completely invisible. And there's a recent trend that he won't show up for big games.

So, again, I've watched a lot of the Oilers this year. Even on an "off night", McDavid is far from invisible.

Yep...give Matthews $10.5 million...please, none of that $12 to $13 million crap, please...McDavid literally carries the Oilers on his back every game!

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
Watched the game a bit and just had to come in and ask: why does Babcock set up a PP consisting of all your stars when it dosnt seem to be working? Why not deploy them wise and have 2 good PPs instead? Maybe Dubas "promised" all of em that they were not gonna play on the 2nd :sarcasm:? Honest question, no trolling

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Yes Luongo has been great. ... lol

f*** that

You could put one of those wood cut outs of a goalie in net.... a few pylons by the point ... and the d man would hit the pylon every time.

Forwards can't pick any corners. From what I've seen... not one good shot on Luongo.

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
right now this team cant execute pealing a orange let alone making 2 passes or hitting the net with a shot. you can blame the coach all you want but until the players execute something its on them just as much as it is on the coach. we play to fancy. make that extra pass instead of shoot make a extra deke instead of shoot. take another stride instead of pass. this team hasn't executed more then one or 2 things at a time all game long. the power play looks like a one trick pony cause our defense wont shoot the puck. but again that's on the coach cause you know he's got a controller behind the bench that hinders them from reacting by themselves

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
With all of this talent we're relying on a f***in stretch & pass dump and chase system. Gross

Reactions: PuckMagi

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Yeah don't blame the coach for not making adjustments to what's not working! Not like it's his job or anything!

He moved Tavares and Marner to face a different Florida line, still didn't work...the special teams are the difference tonight...that's not on Babcock.

Cap'n Flavour

Mar 8, 2004
Flavour Country
Our power play is absolutely garbage against teams that chase the puck on the PK forcing it to move around. Only reason it looked absolutely unstoppable early was because teams just watched us pass it around

That's not true. Earlier in the season they were shredding aggresive PKs with quick hard accurate passes. Now they're just standing around taking lazy shots into shinpads or trying to pass through a maze of sticks for no good reason.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
I don't understand how they can play so well against the best team in the league and then put this type of performance on.

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
I’m sorry but Babcock has overstayed his welcome, we have too much talent to be losing a game like this and if we lose in the first round again it’s just not acceptable.

Is anyone legitimately going to defend Babcock to remain as the coach of this team if we lose in round 1 again?

Serious question.

Hell effing NO.

Its SCF or its really a fail.

1st round means Babcocks has to go.
2nd round. Tight leash.
3rd would be depends on how he went out.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Yep...give Matthews $10.5 million...please, none of that $12 to $13 million crap, please...McDavid literally carries the Oilers on his back every game!

I think Matthews gets $7.5 million.

Eichel money, but prorated to take into account that he only plays 50-60 games a season.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Coaching is supposed to help specialty teams and make adjustments. The PK, for example, maybe Brown and Hyman are not that good at killing penalties? But Babs is blind when it comes to those guys.

Florida scores the most PP goals in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad