Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Ottawa, HNIC. Saturday Oct. 21st (Trap?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
How long do you all think Borgy Rosen continue to rotate? Do you think one of them goes down to the Marlies or they start to have longer stretches?

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
How long do you all think Borgy Rosen continue to rotate? Do you think one of them goes down to the Marlies or they start to have longer stretches?

I eve seen enough and would pick borg over rosen

Black hat blue eyes

Jul 21, 2015
They don't want to stagnate the development of either by having one sit as 7th d. So unless one of them pulls away appreciably. Or a trade happens and we add a defence man I expect this will continue for a bit.

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
They don't want to stagnate the development of either by having one sit as 7th d. So unless one of them pulls away appreciably. Or a trade happens and we add a defence man I expect this will continue for a bit.

Do you think that the fact we are winning games is influencing this strategy. I mean, does it allow us more latitude to rotate them in order to simply give them both more experience - which I assume is important. So, if the Leafs already decided that Borgy is the better (at the moment) and will be staying up, but, since we are winning we can continue to give Rosen more experience.

Black hat blue eyes

Jul 21, 2015
Do you think that the fact we are winning games is influencing this strategy. I mean, does it allow us more latitude to rotate them in order to simply give them both more experience - which I assume is important. So, if the Leafs already decided that Borgy is the better (at the moment) and will be staying up, but, since we are winning we can continue to give Rosen more experience.
I'm not sure it does. They are just swapping them every game. If there was a specific strategy involved we'd likely see one take multiple games in a row. Other than Carrick being hurt for 2 games , I'm sure Borg wouldn't have been in back to back games. So winning isn't the influence I don't think. Getting experience is. I will agree with others though, Borg seems to be the more consistent player of the two right now.

Reactions: Rogie

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
I''ll post this in GDT as well, but for us early birds thinking about the game, I'll post it here as well:

Special Teams:

.............................PP....................PK........................TOTAL

Leafs .................30.0% ..............83.3%..................113.3

Sens ..................18.9%...............95.2%..................114.1

Yes, it's still early and the sample is small!

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Division games are always so important because they are those '4 point games'. I still want to smack Ottawa around.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
A huge factor for Ottawa's early success is their penalty differential, along with solid special teams. If we can keep the game 5-on-5 as much as possible, we have a great chance to win.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I think this is another game the Leafs can potentially have 50 shots on net. Very good chance of being a good night.

They have only 2 ROW. The loser points keep their point total looking respectable.

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
The Sens being good at shot blocking means, partly, that they NEED to block more shots - which isn't a good thing - for them. Hopefully, there won't be very many shots against us that we have to worry about blocking - lol!

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
best offensive team vs best defensive team

the unstoppable force vs the immovable object

Actually Ottawa has given up the third most shot attempts and have a worse xGA/60 than us. Meaning... we're better defensively and MUCH better offensively.

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
The Sens being good at shot blocking means, partly, that they NEED to block more shots - which isn't a good thing - for them. Hopefully, there won't be very many shots against us that we have to worry about blocking - lol!

Not sure about this, but I wonder if thats largely why they appear to have so many players injured all the time.

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
I''ll post this in GDT as well, but for us early birds thinking about the game, I'll post it here as well:

Special Teams:

.............................PP....................PK........................TOTAL

Leafs .................30.0% ..............83.3%..................113.3

Sens ..................18.9%...............95.2%..................114.1

Yes, it's still early and the sample is small!

I thought our PK was much better? It seems like we never get scored on the PK

SNELL9

Apr 2, 2011
I am going to be at this game. My first live NHL game!!! We will kick butt obviosuly!! Go Leafs Go!! **** the Sens!!!!!!!
Also going to the game!! I’m from Sask and happened to be in town for this. Anyone else going or meeting up somewhere for a shuttle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad