Speculation: Leafs or Habs! Who you picking to win??

Leafs or Habs (who you picking) to win the series?

• Total voters

dmarc

SENS!!!!!!!
Mar 29, 2009
I mute all the words on Twitter associated with the Leafs during the season (Marner, Matthews, Leafs etc) and it's done wonders for my mental health and having that garbage clutter up my timeline. I've sinced unmuted to watch the world burn and its awesome :D

edit: forgot the word Twitter I wish I could just mute hockey, might be better for my overall health, but nope very dialed in still

Last edited:

STUDtzle

Jun 1, 2021
Make a push for Hyman maybe. No interest in the attitude any other player on that roster would bring to the excellent mix we have right now.

Hyman and Brown back together would make a lethal combo. Babs will be pleased lmfao

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I mute all the words associated with the Leafs during the season (Marner, Matthews, Leafs etc) and it's done wonders for my mental health and having that garbage clutter up my timeline. I've sinced unmuted to watch the world burn and its awesome :D
How did you manage to do that? Unless you decided to not watch or listen to any hockey during the season (including Sens), I don't think that's technically feasible.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
20210601_150443.jpg

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Great to see the colossal meltdown & choke job by the regular season Leafs & even better to see Mathews & Marner do so poorly. Now that they are out let's hope Montreal loses four straight.

dmarc

SENS!!!!!!!
Mar 29, 2009
How did you manage to do that? Unless you decided to not watch or listen to any hockey during the season (including Sens), I don't think that's technically feasible.

Sorry that is mute on Twitter
Gosh important word missing there

Reactions: DrEasy

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
How amazing would this be next year:

Leafs trade their 1st round pick at the deadline again.

Division standings:

Tampa
Boston
Florida
Ottawa
Toronto

With the Sens beating the Leafs on the last day of the season to pass them.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
The Leafs are the early 2000 Sens. They don't have heart.

Their top 6 is buttery soft and yet...so is their bottom 6. Engvall, Mikeyev, Galchenyuk are wasted roster spots.

If I were GM I'd replace those 3 with an actual physical 4th line that can play and it would be huge.

Id also get rid of all those old guys who are done. And I'd move Nylander for a top 4 dman that can QB a pp but is capable enough that they aren't a liability defensively.

Not easy to do but can be done.

Not even close to the same situation really. Lack of "heart" was not the reason the Senators did not have success in the early 2000's.

In 99-2000, they were the 6th team in the East, facing the Leafs who were 3rd in the East; Leafs won in 6 games.

2000-2001, you could argue was an upset since the Senators were 2nd that year and the Leafs were 7th, we got swept, probably the most embarrassing playoffs in franchise history.

2001-2002, Beat the 2nd seeded Flyers in the 1st round that year as the 7th seeded team. Already more successful than the current Leafs squad, we lost in 7 games in round 2 to a higher ranked Leafs team that year too (4th).

2002-2003, Made it all the way to the Eastern conference finals and lost in game 7 with minutes left. That game could have gone either way.

2003-2004, Again, we were not the favourites going in as the Leafs were 4th and we were 5th seed. It was a close series all the way to game 7 and Lalime blew it for us. Nothing you can do about it. Goal scoring was an issue though in that series, we were shutout 3 times.

My point being is that Senators era team has a bit of an unfair "choker" label when in reality the only series they ever choked was in 2001 when we got swept as the 2nd best team in the east. Every other loss during that time we got beat by a higher ranked team, aside from the Devils in 2003 but they were the 2nd best team.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
I don’t know much about the Leafs prospect pool, but with so few picks coming and their salary structures, I think they badly need a few prospects to outperform their ELCs if they want to be successful. Filling up their bottom 6 with washed up vets isn’t effective.
They have some nice pieces in the pipeline, the have done a good job drafting the past few seasons.
Last year the Leafs made like 12 selections anyway.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
We have to stop acting like Brady will 100% be a massive playoff performer because he has leadership abilities and intangibles. He has played 0 playoff games and until he does it is unknown how he performs in the big moments. Nylander was by far the best leafs player in this series so I’m not sure why Toronto would even remotely consider this deal.

Yikes dawg.

Sens72

Football Enthusiast
Aug 31, 2018
Canada
Yikes dawg.

“Yikes” is wanting Tkachuk over Matthews / Marner / Nylander. If you posted that on the main board the other 31 fanbases would laugh at you. I love Brady but people are starting to become delusional with his value.

Edit: And I’m replying to a post that says the Leafs would have to trade Nylander (their best playoff performer this year) for Brady (who could very well be a good playoff performer, but we literally have no evidence of that) to help win a series. I’m not sure what I said was wrong.

Last edited:

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
This is perfect.

Leafs are out in the first round for a 5 straight year, Habs now have to keep this GM/Coach combo for at least 2 more seasons, draft 25th instead of 17th and will probably sell more assets to win now because they think they're contenders.

Leafs did NOT make the first round of the playoffs, last year…..Columbus beat the in the qualifying round…..Columbus made into the first round of the playoffs

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015

MLSE pushed out Lou Lamorillo in favour of Dubass, and Lou has steered the Islanders to four playoff round victories ( and counting ) in the last three seasons

Dubass has proven zero at the NHL level, he leaned heavily on analytics and has tried to mould career back ups, into starting goaltenders……. He got rid of Babcock because he made some of his young players uncomfortable……. Boo hoo.

Dubass has built a team to win in the regular season, whoopty freaking do.

Dubass brought in veteran old timers, because “they’re good in the room”….. too bad they sheit on the ice

Why would anyone think a hyped up OHL GM knows what he’s doing in the NHL….. he’s clearly been in over his head since MLSE chose him or Lamorillo

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
“Yikes” is wanting Tkachuk over Matthews / Marner / Nylander. If you posted that on the main board the other 31 fanbases would laugh at you. I love Brady but people are starting to become delusional with his value.

Edit: And I’m replying to a post that says the Leafs would have to trade Nylander (their best playoff performer this year) for Brady (who could very well be a good playoff performer, but we literally have no evidence of that) to help win a series. I’m not sure what I said was wrong.

Guarantee you every single Leafs fan would trade Tkachuk for Nylander straight up.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
People are starting to become delusional with Matthews/Marner/Nylander's value. :sarcasm:

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
If you think Tkachuk will not benefit with a free ride, provided by the game managers, when one arm holding, cross-checking, late hits, paint and board scrambles and interference are not called during playoffs, you are all delirious. He will be the king and by an example the whole team will follow the suite. Ottawa even right now would destroy Leafs the way the game is called, with their roster of pensioners and butterscotch players.

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
Tkachuk for Nylander straight up is no deal. There has to by one of Hyman, Kerfoot added, prospect and a draft pick, even to consider it. Hyman is not that great around the net, not quick enough to pull a trigger. I would go with Kerfoot. Marner plus a prospect for Tkachuk makes sense. We will make playoffs easy next year. Marner and Stutzle plus a character guy will be a superb line. There are just no players like Tkachuks in the league right now. Leafs have no choice but to beg Melnyk to make a trade.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Crying Leaf fans broke the forum.

The center of the hockey universe has imploded after the biggest choke job ever. I would rather been swept then the huge choke job they did.

T.O. and McDavid is why you don't need the Mathews and McDavid's and tons of elite talent to win the cup, it's called balance from line 1-4 of playoff hockey players. Players with skill, heart, intensity, passion, grit and care about winning a cup is all that matters. Elite is not part of that equation.

F#$k the Leafs!

Double Like :thumbu::thumbu:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Guarantee you every single Leafs fan would trade Tkachuk for Nylander straight up.
Uh yeah. No doubt they would but that ain't happening. Nylander would be a good addition for us but he does nothing for us if if we have to give up a piece of our core, particularly one that's likely our next captain

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad