Speculation: Leafs or Habs! Who you picking to win??

Leafs or Habs (who you picking) to win the series?

• Total voters

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
thumbnail

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
Crying Leaf fans broke the forum.

The center of the hockey universe has imploded after the biggest choke job ever. I would rather been swept then the huge choke job they did.

T.O. and McDavid is why you don't need the Mathews and McDavid's and tons of elite talent to win the cup, it's called balance from line 1-4 of playoff hockey players. Players with skill, heart, intensity, passion, grit and care about winning a cup is all that matters. Elite is not part of that equation.

F#$k the Leafs!

Last edited:

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
Ahh this is nice.

Now go Jets go.

But next year if Leafs have a good regular season I don't want to hear Stanley Cup talk! Win something first.

I was shocked when they gave both Matthews and Marner their contracts at the time because they really hadn't proven anything when it matters (playoffs), and now they are proving that you know what, maybe there's more to hockey than just a lot of regular season points.

Life is good.

Reactions: Deku and Yak

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Pretty much exactly my hunch about the Leafs from over 2 weeks ago has come to fruition (I know, I know, not the boldest foresight but still).

It'll be really interesting to see the Leafs when they face a team that has a purpose-made gameplan to take on Matthews and Marner. Also, almost everything else about that team is a question mark from the goal out. Good for them for the regular season they've put together but I've seen enough Sens teams at the top of the standings get absolutely crushed in the playoffs by "inferior" teams.

Around the NHL - Episode XLV III - BEAST MODE ANDY

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Regardless of what happens here the site is about to crash hard

You called it.

I had not checked the score and tried logging on to HF to get an update and saw that the site had crashed.

I knew right then and there, that the Leafs had lost the game..

Reactions: Deku

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
You called it.

I had not checked the score and tried logging on to HF to get an update and saw that the site had crashed.

I knew right then and there, that the Leafs had lost the game..

I can't blame the site, all these leaf fans coming to cry all at once is a bit much. Also good that they did not have a place to cry and made their pain last a bit longer tonight.

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007
This is perfect.

Leafs are out in the first round for a 5 straight year, Habs now have to keep this GM/Coach combo for at least 2 more seasons, draft 25th instead of 17th and will probably sell more assets to win now because they think they're contenders.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
It's probably a different story with a healthy Tavares (spread the offense and don't let Montreal D focus on your big line), so I'm enjoying Leaf fans questioning everyone on their roster right now.

We have enough grit on our team, I wouldn't mind the Leafs dumping some of their skill on us, provided they retain plenty of salary of course!

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa

Dubas is so overhyped. I don't think he was even the GM when they tanked for Matthews and Marner. Then Tavares was practically begging to join the Leafs, a monkey could have managed to sign him

His trade giving up a 1st for Foligno at the deadline has turned out to be shite, the man did not even score a goal for the Leafs.

The Brodie, Spezza, and Campbell acquisitions were pretty good but they still have a lot of work to do if they want to build a team that can actually win in the playoffs

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
It's probably a different story with a healthy Tavares (spread the offense and don't let Montreal D focus on your big line), so I'm enjoying Leaf fans questioning everyone on their roster right now.

We have enough grit on our team, I wouldn't mind the Leafs dumping some of their skill on us, provided they retain plenty of salary of course!
It shouldn't have mattered whether or not Tavares was there. Toronto is still supposed to be a much better team on paper, and they lost Tavares in Game 1. They were up 3-1 in the series without Tavares. They had 3 opportunities to close out the series, two of them all they had to do was score a goal.

There's 0 excuse for Toronto losing this series.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Do you think Dubas would have been allowed to trade Marner or Matthews?

I honestly think he's a very talented GM. Leafs had a defense problem, so he signed TJ Brodie, who's been a fantastic presence for them. He has identified problem areas and done his best to address them. Campbell was certainly good enough to win.

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018
It shouldn't have mattered whether or not Tavares was there. Toronto is still supposed to be a much better team on paper, and they lost Tavares in Game 1. They were up 3-1 in the series without Tavares. They had 3 opportunities to close out the series, two of them all they had to do was score a goal.

its a monumental choke on their part, arguably on par but probably slightly less than their choke vs. the bruins. Easily one of the most overrated teams ever, its gonna be fun listening to the air deflating out of Canadian sports media's collective boners the next couple days

Reactions: Yak

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

No kidding. That Tavares contract is disgusting.

If the guy wanted to be in Toronto so badly, he could've signed a much friendlier deal, instead of going top UFA dollar and term.

Not only did it give a horrible contract template for the kids, but it also undermined their ascension as the new young leaders and core of the group. Bringing in a guy who never won anything to "save" the kids ruined all of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $935.00