Proposal: Leafs-Oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamer1035

Feb 14, 2012
Marner would literally turn McDavid into the GOAT. He'd be on a point pace to match Gretzky

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Marner would literally turn McDavid into the GOAT. He'd be on a point pace to match Gretzky

Kids. :laugh:

Gretzky had 1.92 points per game over his career. He played 1487 games and finished with 2857 points.

Connor McDavid has a career 269 points in 216 games, or 1.24 points per game.

To catch Gretzky’s point totals ,playing the same number of games, McDavid would need to average 2.04 points per game over the next 15.5 seasons.

To put this in easier to understand terms, Connor McDavid would need to average 167.28 points - every season - until halfway through his 36 year old season.

That’s assuming he is 100% healthy and plays the next 1271 games straight.

No, I don’t think Mitch friggin Marner is going to make that happen.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
As an Oiler fan . I have to say Draisaitl does many things better but overall the are very close to even value the topping point is contract . Base on current contracts Marner would have more value to most teams looking to add a point producing forward . If a team has the cap space and needed a C they would go for Draisaitl . The problem is how many teams have an extra 8.5 million and TML are stacked at C so they don't even consider it

Reactions: Marner to Matthews

Albz

Jun 30, 2018
Draisaitl is much better than Marner. He's also got size and can play defensively.
Lmao what a bs post. Marner is awesome defensively and plus offensively and he makes everyone around him better. For me its a wash. I wouldnt trade marner dor drast tho..

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Well, Marner is better for sure.

I agree Nylander is closer, but still don’t make the deal.

Drai’s contract is going to be an anchor to trade.

You know who contract is going to be worst . JT's . Draisaitl has been pretty much on par with JT for the last 2 years

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Marner will be getting paid Draisaitl money next season so there won't be any savings for either team. Both players already have great chemistry with the other star players on the team. There is really no reason for either team to do this trade even though I'd consider Draisaitl to be the more valuable player. Not saying this to be a homer but Draisaitl's size, position and better career numbers are hard to argue against.

Reactions: MisterT

MisterT

Nov 29, 2006
Marner is a little *****. Oilers don't need Eberle junior

Odd as Marner makes his linemates better whereas Draisaitl has yet to prove he can carry a line or else the Oilers would have some resemblance of depth.

Oilers want Draisaitl and he has the potential to be a great second line centre for McDavid, so find him some wingers. The Leafs are more than content to keep Marner who carried Bozak and van Riemsdyk to their respective UFA golden payouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad