GDT: Leafs@NYRangers 7 PM SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
Dude.....

tenor.gif
A professional nhl GM gave a 69 point career high player a similar contract (given term) that another team gave their 100 point hart trophy winner.
What's more likely?
Option 1: The richest team in the league hired a gm that is just "stupid"?
Option 2: Our GM is paid by another team to sabotage the leafs?

I'm honestly not sure at this point.

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
Slashes are like 50-5. When did slashing stop being a penalty?
When it stopped directly effecting the play or a scoring chance, and the player skates through it. It's been like this for at least a year now. It's why diving is up, and they don't call that either since it has the tendency to make the player look like an ass and put em outta position.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Not the hooking, clutching and grabbing I hope? That was just like hockey played on mud instead of ice.

You know, I didn't like it, and back in the day I was a smaller junior player who hated being held by the big guys. However, at least the Dmen had a few more options, plus the red line slowed things down.

Today the D have to have perfect gap control, and the speed through the neutral zone (minus the line) puts so much pressure on them.

Yes this helped the game open up for smaller players, and skill in general, but I also think it makes it harder for teams to shut things down when ahead.

I feel systems and goalie style (plus equipment size) has done way more to slow the game down, even some of the greats say "systems" hockey takes a lot of fun out of the game.

The athletes are bigger, faster, and more skilled, but the game with all these rules changes is not necessarily better. I get it though, you change the rules, increase the speed, put in the instigator, take out self policing, and this makes it more marketable to new fans, but I don't know if that makes the game 100% better.

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
Honestly a 1st round exit this playoffs and we may see a new coach in charge
The problem is more a player/personnel & style than it is a coaching problem.

The fact that we all had a near orgasmic experience when Muzzin threw that big first hit illustrates one of our biggest weaknesses - literally lack of strength.

Dirty Dan

Saturday Night Lupul
May 5, 2010
in ur crease
Willy has been playing the best out of the 3 recently. The stats have begun to show it now too.

It feels like Babcock actively handicaps Matthews. He's a goal scorer with no playmaker on his line. Like the stupidity is astounding. This is an NHL coach? :laugh:

Imagine have one of the best goal scorers in the league and not playing him with either of your best playmakers (Marner and Nylander).

Someone try to justify this garbage.
Trying to bring Matthews numbers down, so we can get him for a cheap contract

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
A professional nhl GM gave a 69 point career high player a similar contract (given term) that another team gave their 100 point hart trophy winner.
What's more likely?

option 3: you're wrong

Reactions: Schooner

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Again, sounds like something you probably would have said during Burke's reign of terror. Again, how'd that work out for you?

You seem to think those critical of the team are "pessimistic" and "negative" when really, they can just see the reality of what's happening FAR before you can.

Ok Kreskin............tell me what happens in the next 2 years due to these contracts?

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
No chance. Honestly, Leafs could get swept, and Babcock will be back next season. His coaching staff however, may be threatened.

I’m not convinced they do anything. I reckon babs controls everything and the other 2 guys are just token guys on the bench. The fact nothing has changed on the pp to me says it’s babs plan and he refuses to change it. If it were someone else why hasn’t backcock stepped in and forced change?

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
No they weren’t 100% on him. Watch the first one and he is looking in the opposite direction to the puck, and the 2nd he falls forward for some reason and early.

It’s not his fault but a decent goalie saves one of those to keep the team playing back to back in the game

Rielly turned over the puck, Sparks made 2 point blank saves and nobody cleared the puck, that is a goalie doing a great job and the team ******* the bed in front of him

The second is a puck going cross ice to the trailer with literally nobody defending him in the slot and a perfect shot, that's a miracle of a save if he makes it

It's rediculous that people expect Sparks, a backup to stop goals off point blank chances off horrendous defensive breakdowns

I wouldn't expect Andersen to stop that ****

forecheck

May 14, 2007
What's more likely?

Option3- prez wants a puppit in the position of gm to pull his strings and hide behind him

Thissiteisgarbage

Oct 14, 2014
Can't really blame Sparks. He's been OK. He'll never be a starter in this league, so he is what he is.
I wouldn't feel comfortable with him having to take over in case of Anderson injury.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
I’m not convinced they do anything. I reckon babs controls everything and the other 2 guys are just token guys on the bench. The fact nothing has changed on the pp to me says it’s babs plan and he refuses to change it. If it were someone else why hasn’t backcock stepped in and forced change?

And, how did you come to these conclusions...? Are you essentially calling the assistant coachest 'puppets'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad