GDT: Leafs@NYRangers 7 PM SN Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightTrain1

Oct 20, 2013
OMG im getting sick of watching how this team plays. 1 Good game against a top team followed by the worst game of the year against a bottom team. 2 terrible periods followed by 10 minutes of good play.

The sheer skill of some of the players is the only thing that keeps this team from being in the bottom 10 right now. We have won so many games this year that we deserved to lose its not even funny. There are no excuses about back to backs or anything like that because all teams suffer it. These guys play %75 of the games like its their third in a row, just lazy lackluster, no effort, no urgency and no care.

The sad thing is with 2 minutes left they have the skill to still come back. But man I hope they dont because they dont deserve it at all.

Reactions: SnizzMitch

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
To the people that like Sparks, and I can see some positives in him, explain why he was on his knees for that floater from the point.

Why drop to the butterfly? Is he afraid someone might deflect it? Teaching? Does he just not trust his glove that much?

Because standing and catching the puck is still an option.

Depends if he saw it or not. I know for me, its just automatic.

If he couldn't see the puck, its instinct to drop to your knees and try and take up as much net as you can. Its what you are taught to do as soon as you strap on pads.

The reason he looks like hes ducking is he's trying to raise his shoulders, its actually a well placed shot for a butterfly goalie. Right over the shoulder, by the ears, it's a tougher shot than it looks.

My criticism as a goalie though, is he wasn't out far enough. He was just inside the top of the crease. One step out and it probably just hits his shoulder. But that's my usual criticism of him, he lacks positional awareness imo. It was the same as the 2nd goal. Everyones taken, you have the shot, power out, give him nothing. If he beats you going around, then good goal.

Rainney

Jan 17, 2012
They've had like 10 saves that Sparks would have had no chance on (not his fault of course).

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Goalie won this for the Rangers.

Sparks let in a stinker... and we had no push pack after that.

Shit happens. On to the next game.

Reactions: ToneDog
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad