Post-Game Talk: Leafs no shows in game 1. Trail series 1-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Embarrassing f***ing effort, looked like i was watching a pre-season game. No intensity, nobody wanted it. So frustrating to watch that garbage. Marners drop passes and centering passes tape to tape to Columbus, like what the hell are you thinking. Complete garbage, 5 game series to make the playoffs and this is how you show up.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Andersen was both our best player and made the game deciding mistake
Ya it was a weird game like that. Team folding after the goal was particularly worrying.

Cant have such an offensive team thinking they already lost the game when down 1-0.

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
*Columbus really does play a tough D game.
*Kerfoot was our best player, that can't remain the same.
*I'd love to see some more physical play from the buds.
*Other than 1 shot, Andersen was all you could ask for. You can't win if you don't score.

*see you all next game. cheers.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Andersen was great outside of that brutal goal.

I was expecting a little more intensity but it really only showed up in spurts.

Robertson was good early but faded as the game went on.

Matthews was pretty good.

Tavares and Marner need to be ALOT better if we're going anywhere.

Tavares especially needs to step up. He was pretty bad last playoffs and again tonight was extremely mediocre.

He's the captain and one of our most experienced players. We need alot more from him.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
If we are being honest, this team hasn't looked good in like 2 years so it's not really surprising that they were terrible yet again. Too many passengers just going through the motions and lazy play from most the guys who are suckling all the cap space.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Also interesting I felt like this game was a totally different team than I saw vs Mtl. Can’t blame it on pressure. The arena was f’ing empty

Reactions: Cpt Maple Leaf

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Shit game. Matthews line was stymied and Tavares and Marner were invisible. Andersen made plenty of good saves but in typical playoff fashion for him he let in a soft goal at a bad time, right after a dominant shift to start the third by the Matthews line.

Columbus played us heavy all night and they didn’t let much through. Leafs need to fight for it or they’ll find themselves out in a hurry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad