News Article: Leafs New Year Grades

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
If one followed the post game threads one would be gobsmacked to see that at least one of: Hyman, Moore, Bozak, Polak, Carrick, Marincin and Gardiner didn't get an F. Oh, forgot Komarov.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Lance Hornby has an article grading the Leafs to date: Who is top of class? Grading the Maple Leafs at season’s halfway point

Pretty fair overall, mine would be:

Andersen: A-
McElhinney: B
Hainsey: B+
Reilly: A
Zaitsev: B
Gardiner: C-
Polak: C+
Borgman: B-
Carrick: C-
Matthews: A
Marleau: B-
Kadri: B
Hyman: B
Nylander: B-
Marner: B
Komarov: C
Bozak: C
JVR: B
Brown: B-
Martin: C
Moore: C-
Leivo: B
Babcock: B
I agree with all of these except Babcock gets a C for line utilization, stubbornness, and arrogance

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
based on their performance mainly, but also affected by my expectations of them

Andersen: A
McElhinney: B+
Hainsey: A-
Rielly: A
Zaitsev: C-
Gardiner: C-
Polak: D-
Borgman: B-
Carrick: C-
Matthews: A+
Marleau: B-
Kadri: B
Hyman: B
Nylander: B
Marner: B
Komarov: D-
Bozak: C-
JVR: B+
Brown: B
Martin: C+
Moore: D
Leivo: B-
Kapanen: B
Babcock: B-

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
I'd say Andersen has us solidly in a playoff spot. The team hasn't played well since October and even he admits the team has to be better in many ways, including consistency and getting off to good starts.

The advantage the Leafs have over the other good young cored teams is "Babcock" look at the Oilers.sabres, Yotes, flames, Av's, etc

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
The advantage the Leafs have over the other good young cored teams is "Babcock" look at the Oilers.sabres, Yotes, flames, Av's, etc
Aside from perhaps Edmonton, you think those teams have better young talent than the Leafs? And you think their goaltending has been better than Andersen? You’re overemphasizing the impact Babcock has had. I give him a solid C.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad