Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ New Jersey Devils - Feb 6 - No Clarkson for Devils, so we'll win this one

Status
Not open for further replies.

officialmark*

Ideally we don't get a point this weekend, but I think we may end up with 3-4.

beleaf67

Mar 2, 2013
Ottawa Valley
easy 2 points...

With playoffs chances pretty much gone, we'll start piling up meaningless points. This will allow TML to make set of bonehead moves at the trading deadline and summer... :shakehead :cry:

exporta

Jul 30, 2005
If we are to win one game for the remainder of the season I hope it is tomorrow, as I will be there.

Other than that I've joined tank nation. This team is so frustrating to watch.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I hope both teams lay an egg and the devils win 1-0 after a 30 round shootout. Lol

Shimso

Oct 9, 2011
easy 2 points...

With playoffs chances pretty much gone, we'll start piling up meaningless points. This will allow TML to make set of bonehead moves at the trading deadline and summer... :shakehead :cry:
if they finish ten points out of a playoff spot, all we'll hear for the offseason is how they were close and if coaching was better and they avoided a collapse they would've made the playoffs and won the cup because LA once won the cup as a #8 seed.

I hope both teams lay an egg and the devils win 1-0 after a 30 round shootout. Lol

we need a regulation loss

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I'm keeping the tank alive.

Nothing angers the hockey gods like claiming an easy win. I'm hoping that by claiming every game will be an easy 2 points from here on out, the Leafs will lose every game from here on out. :naughty:

So far, it has worked incredibly well.

Damn, I kinda knew you weren't serious I just wasn't sure. I can't tell who's serious and who's not anymore.

realgoodleafs

Oct 29, 2006
SW Ontario
It's crazy how there are 30 games left but there is essentially no hope for any current non-playoff teams to make it to 8th in the east. Season is pretty much already set aside from the 1 to 8 order. So much for parity.

Hugh Mongusbig

Mar 7, 2012
So much for parity.

I don't think the league ever instituted parity into the league..... They instituted a salary cap, but not parity. You still have 30 different teams/managements managing the cap space. Some are bound to do it better than others.

The lack of parity is solely the fault of the Leaf's mismanagement of the cap over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad