Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ New Jersey Devils - Feb 6 - No Clarkson for Devils, so we'll win this one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banana Squid

Sep 26, 2011
Ho Chi Minh City
Go Leafs Go! There is still 30 games left. I want us to play like we've been playing right now. We're just unlucky and not getting bounces right now.

30-0-0 is 60 points right there. 60 + 48 = 108 -> 100% playoffs -> 1st round win -> 2nd round win -> 3rd round win -> Stanley Cup Finals @ home -> SC win @ home.

Even if we go 26-4, we'll be fine.

... can't tell if serious. With Leafs nation, its hard to tell sometimes.

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
We need Kadri, Santorelli and Rielly to all get flat tires and miss the game. Its a big game tomorrow night :handclap: %100 guaranteed win for the Leafs.

Gary Batman

Aug 4, 2014
Horachek's system? Check.
Playing vs New Jersey? Check.
Possibly Romanauk calling the game? Check.

Looks like a snoozefest tomorrow. :yo:

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Santa,Winnik and Franson all go down for the rest of the season after making pre-game pancakes. You heard it here first.

LeafsNation149

Feb 4, 2013
WTF is going on with the Devils right now

No Brodeur, Parise, Kovalchuk and best of all WE GOT THEIR CLARKSON

Easy win, Clarkson Hattrick + Gordie Howe Hattrick incoming.

71-0 final score

Gary Batman

Aug 4, 2014
Sorry for changing the title again, but I felt like Clarkson is the best one to put there (for those unaware, I kept Brodeur first, and replaced him with Parise)

mikebel111*

We need Kadri, Santorelli and Rielly to all get flat tires and miss the game. Its a big game tomorrow night :handclap: %100 guaranteed win for the Leafs.

It doesn't really matter if they play. our top line of Kessel,Bozak,JVR can singlehandedly lose the game so I wouldn't worry about it

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
Make it 11 boys. I felt bad but not anymore. If we need to break records for change so be it.

Ellias hat trick. Schneider with the shutout.

Imagine this though, Leafs lose 14-15 in a row, bottom out and end up in a race for a top 3 pick, and bam win the lottery and grab mcdavid.

will anyone care if we go on a 15 game losing streak if we get mcdavid at the end of it all?

I could care less about this season anymore, I dont know why anyone wants us to win anymore this season, the core is going to get traded, this pretty much isnt even our team on the ice anymore, it's going to be different faces so why cheer for them to win?

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Imagine this though, Leafs lose 14-15 in a row, bottom out and end up in a race for a top 3 pick, and bam win the lottery and grab mcdavid.

will anyone care if we go on a 15 game losing streak if we get mcdavid at the end of it all?

I could care less about this season anymore, I dont know why anyone wants us to win anymore this season, the core is going to get traded, this pretty much isnt even our team on the ice anymore, it's going to be different faces so why cheer for them to win?

To some people, they'd rather win a few more games because they still think the team can make the playoffs and they cannot see beyond a few months from now. Some fans will chase that 8th place dream over the cliff. It's this mentality that's been running this franchise into the ground for 10+years now.

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON

Trust me, I would love to see the leafs lose every game from here on out. At the same time idk I just feel bad for the players I don't mind them losing 9 in a row, but to break the losing streak record. It'll be absolutely demoralizing for them.

I've never once felt bad about a Leafs loss after I jumped shipped to tank nation (I was probably one of the earliest members of tank nation). In fact, the past 10 games have probably been my happiest moments so far this season. But if they lose this game, it'll be a bittersweet victory.

happyaccident

May 14, 2013
Go Leafs Go! There is still 30 games left. I want us to play like we've been playing right now. We're just unlucky and not getting bounces right now.

30-0-0 is 60 points right there. 60 + 48 = 108 -> 100% playoffs -> 1st round win -> 2nd round win -> 3rd round win -> Stanley Cup Finals @ home -> SC win @ home.

Even if we go 26-4, we'll be fine.

It's not too late to push for 9th.

PN04_Martin_Gerber_Front.jpg

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
The odds are in our favour in this one.

Leafs are not likely to lose 11 straight and will break that streak eventually. I don't think they want to establish new franchise records.

NJ have already beaten the Leafs 2 X this year so we are due to take one and last time we even got a point off of them by taking them to the shootout before losing.

I'm thinking 2-1 or perhaps 3-2 Leafs.

Steve

Mar 6, 2002
After Carolina beat Arizona last night in OT, we really need to take advantage of these points and lose this game.

Please, please don't start winning games.

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
You can't predict the outcome of an interesting Leaf game that has a storyline on the standings. The outcome will be both what you're expecting and what you're not expecting.

Also....do I ****ing dare bet all my vCash on Toronto?

YearsintheWilderness

Jul 15, 2007
Sure, 5 million per year has go to make things a lot easier. But unless he is truly as moronic as he looks, Clarkson can't feel all that great that millions upon millions of people view him as one of the most useless players ever to disgrace a Leafs uniform.

And being back in a rink where all sorts of things conspired to help him score 30 goals in a season, has got to stoke the more realistic narrative that that was a massive fluke, and he is truly a worthless piece of ****.

So I'm thinking some pressure may force Clarkson into offering up one of those "even more worthless than usual" games that he is known for. More untimely penalties than usual, more than 2/3rds of the game on his overpaid ass, more laughable attempts to play hero. Maybe he'll offer up one of his orbital bones for a well-deserved shattering like he did earlier in the season.

On the other hand, if I'm correct and he is a hard-core narcissist, his own worthlessness bothers him not a whit. In which case there is no correlation between his "more worthless than usual" games and situations which more starkly shine a light on his worthlessness.

So the conclusion is: expect a worthless Clarkson, or perhaps an even more worthless than usual Clarkson.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I think the odds for this game are 75% to win and 25% to lose.

I feel a slump buster game coming in this one.

If I were betting my money on this game I would place it on the Leafs to win.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Should be exciting. Right around this time of the year teams up their compete levels. Expect a fast physical brand of hockey.

Disclaimer: Devils have been playing boring hockey, especially since the coaching change. It has resulted in points though. Just giving a heads up to not get to excited lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad