Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ New Jersey Devils - Feb 6 - No Clarkson for Devils, so we'll win this one

Status
Not open for further replies.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Also fun fact. You guys won the Stanley cup the last time a 10 game loss streak happened.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Jonas Siegel @jonasTSN1050
James Reimer appears to be the Leafs starter tonight in Jersey.

ironhorse384

Dec 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
we know the leafs are going to make mistakes tonight, its just a matter of how many and how often that'll dictate whether or not they win the game..

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Is Holik playing tonight?

I predict a 0-0 loss in the 15th round of the shoot-out, with Oates scoring the only goal scored by either team, when the Devils run out of players.

BB

IBLEAF

In the sh-itter @ Scotia bank place
Nov 5, 2009
BARRY'S BAY
Guys, there is NO way we lose this one.

We are 100% winning.

Our starting goalie will get a shutout.

NO POSSIBLE WAY WE LOSE THIS ONE! YOU HEAR THAT HOCKEY GODS!? NO POSSIBLE WAY YOU CAN MAKE US LOSE THIS GAME!!!

whos that? if its bernier i expect at least 1 soft goal

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Too bad its not Bernier in goal tonight. He's got a .898 save % since December 20. He's helped the tank a lot.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Too bad its not Bernier in goal tonight. He's got a .898 save % since December 20. He's helped the tank a lot.

I wouldn't say that. Even if he had a great save %, how many extra games would we have won? 1 or 2? The offence has been non-existent. How many games do you expect to win averaging a goal a game even if your goalie is playing great? Kessel, Clarkson, JvR, Bozak, Phaneuf, all have helped out the tank a lot more than Bernier.

NJDevilsFan21

Trade Everyone!!
Nov 10, 2006
All we need is 24 teams to fold :sarcasm:

Since that is more than 4 times as many teams as the last time this happened, I believe the Leafs need to make it a 40+ game losing streak to have history repeat itself.

However, fair warning, the when Devils play the Leafs in the playoffs, the Devils have a 100% chance of going to the finals and a 50% chance of winning the cup. So on my end, I really hope to see the Leafs lose 40+ to make the playoffs. So that way if the Devils make the playoffs too and meet the Leafs, the Devils can then instead go on to the finals and have a chance at the cup!

Good luck and may be the better tank win in tonight's snoozefest. But, tonight shall be a drinking the game - one shot every time Clarkson falls down to add some fun. :)

Jacquestrapless

Jun 5, 2011
Mississauga
Since that is more than 4 times as many teams as the last time this happened, I believe the Leafs need to make it a 40+ game losing streak to have history repeat itself.

However, fair warning, the when Devils play the Leafs in the playoffs, the Devils have a 100% chance of going to the finals and a 50% chance of winning the cup. So on my end, I really hope to see the Leafs lose 40+ to make the playoffs. So that way if the Devils make the playoffs too and meet the Leafs, the Devils can then instead go on to the finals and have a chance at the cup!

Good luck and may be the better tank win in tonight's snoozefest. But, tonight shall be a drinking the game - one shot every time Clarkson falls down to add some fun. :)

You warned us....and yet Nonis did not listen. How bout you take him back and we retain some salary :naughty:

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
Pouring myself a glass of wine and having at her tonight. Very intrigued at the outcome I have absolutely no idea how this will go. Hopefully not boring

buttman*

Better not start winning now when it is totally irrelevant. Not even kidding. This franchise is so stupid.

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
I have zero doubt whatsoever that we get all the bounces and good luck tonight and take this game something like 4-1 or 5-2. During this 10-game slide we've gotten a lot of bad puck luck. In the end, everything always evens out.

I hope to god I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad