Leafs Nation Fan Fest (Sept 5-7) || Legends Row Unveiling

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Don't waste your day tomorrow. Very meh.

Very poorly organized in regards to crowds as well. Not impressed.

Also, 3 questions from fans. 1 was drunk, 1 was dillusional and the other was 12. The 12 year old had the best question.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
I'll be going there tomorrow with a buddy of mine.
Did anyone else get a early bird prize? No idea what kind of prizes they are and couldn't find it online.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
I'll be going there tomorrow with a buddy of mine.
Did anyone else get a early bird prize? No idea what kind of prizes they are and couldn't find it online.

I got two tickets to the HHOF... Maybe different tomorrow but that was the Friday prize for all.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Johnny and Darryl. that is awesome.
I wonder if Darryl would have been Dave Keon if not for the issues between the Leafs and he (even though they seem to have been some what healed).

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Unveiling: http://video.mapleleafs.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=629913

Johnny Bower's statue:
Bw3NQcgIEAEEaGa.jpg

Bw3WbCkCEAAi8ve.jpg

daveleaf

#FIREKEEFE #MIGHTBETIMETOFIRESHANNYTOO
Mar 23, 2010
Canada
It's been long overdue. I truly believe the reason this franchise has floundered for so many years is that they completely shut out the past and it's former players. Instead of a culture of greatness they became void of any culture. Keon should be given a role in the organization and should be at the games like Bower. Too much former glory here to hide it, should be embraced.

Oct 19, 2007
Seems they will be picking from the earlier Leafs years and a more current player each time. My thinking is that it will be King Clancy as one of the next two..I have not seen much support for the King in this forum.

sommervr

Feb 25, 2013
So impressed with Dubas in the short time he spoke here. He understands the problem with the leafs management is process not execution. This is a huge deal. Nonis doesn't have a clue so Dubas will have to tread lightly.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Those statues look fantastic. This whole fanfest turned out to be alot more extensive that I had thought.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
So fan fest was alright, stood in line for most of it. Best part was probably when we were waiting in line for the dressing room tours and Franson, Bozak, Kadri and Kessel walk by us to go on stage. Didn't get autographs or pictures in the end because the line up was around 3 hours long. Got free tickets to go on sunday because they were going to close the photograph and autograph area by the time we reached them but I don't think I'm going to even bother going tomorrow. Glad I got the first set of tickets for free or else I would have been pretty disappointed with the event.

Hope they organize the event better next year cause I think it's still a great idea for families.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Awful, waste of time and money. The dressing room tour was the only thing worth anything. Stood in line for photographs and autographs at 1145 only to not get to the front of the line until 415. None of the concession stands were open on that floor and security guards weren't letting anyone leave to go get food/drinks. However they did give out free water and M&Ms both of which they ran out of before it got to me. What was promised was a photo with one of the Leafs and an autograph from 2 others. When I finally got near the front of the line the photographer left and instead of getting autographs from the last 3 Leafs (Frattin, Gardiner, Holland) they split up all 3 dividing the remaining 50 or so people in line in 3 groups and only allowing each person to get 1 autograph from whomever they were closest too. As luck has it I end up with Frattin. So wanting Gardiner I walked out of the Frattin line to join the Gardiner line only to be kicked out by the rudest security guard. I wasn't going to leave empty handed after waiting for 4 hours so after an argument with the security guard one of the head mlse people let me back in to get Gardiners signature who seemed annoyed and disinterested to be there. By the time I finally got out of there the had closed down the legends walk, the combine training, most of the games/activities and I had already missed all the interviews and the unveiling of the statues. Overall a horrible experience and I expect some compensation.

false bobo

Dec 6, 2011
Awful, waste of time and money. The dressing room tour was the only thing worth anything. Stood in line for photographs and autographs at 1145 only to not get to the front of the line until 415. None of the concession stands were open on that floor and security guards weren't letting anyone leave to go get food/drinks. However they did give out free water and M&Ms both of which they ran out of before it got to me. What was promised was a photo with one of the Leafs and an autograph from 2 others. When I finally got near the front of the line the photographer left and instead of getting autographs from the last 3 Leafs (Frattin, Gardiner, Holland) they split up all 3 dividing the remaining 50 or so people in line in 3 groups and only allowing each person to get 1 autograph from whomever they were closest too. As luck has it I end up with Frattin. So wanting Gardiner I walked out of the Frattin line to join the Gardiner line only to be kicked out by the rudest security guard. I wasn't going to leave empty handed after waiting for 4 hours so after an argument with the security guard one of the head mlse people let me back in to get Gardiners signature who seemed annoyed and disinterested to be there. By the time I finally got out of there the had closed down the legends walk, the combine training, most of the games/activities and I had already missed all the interviews and the unveiling of the statues. Overall a horrible experience and I expect some compensation.

You're insane for lining up for 4 hours to take a picture with someone. Sounds like you ruined your own day.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I wonder why they went with Teeder Kennedy as the first to go up? I guess the Leafs really lack that singular Howe, Hull, Orr, Richard, Beliveau level star from the Original Six era. Syl Apps also would have been a great choice from that era.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I wonder why they went with Teeder Kennedy as the first to go up? I guess the Leafs really lack that singular Howe, Hull, Orr, Richard, Beliveau level star from the Original Six era. Syl Apps also would have been a great choice from that era.

I'd bet that Apps is in the next batch to be named and will be one of the legends selected.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad