Leafs Nation Fan Fest (Sept 5-7) || Legends Row Unveiling

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
Seems like that row could get long from the pre 80's era hockey. There are a lot of guys you could include. Broda, Primeau, Busher, Conacher, Salming, Dye ect ect

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
this is such a wonderful idea.
You have to think that Johnny Bower's going to be one. Everyone loves Johnny

I would assume (so you know where that leaves people) that Keon would be the third...

J1S

May 12, 2014
I think the general consensus is Kennedy, Bower & Keon as the three.

jmart21

MISC!!!
Nov 16, 2009
All Over The Place
Something that doesn't really mean much to me.

We all know that there are plenty of "legends" pre-'67. But the last thing I want is more hype about pre-'67 days as it just amplifies the pathetic track record of '67->present.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
What happened to getting away from the past?

I think all teams remember the past, even the Yankees who have won many world series still remember the greats from 50-60 years ago. If you go to Yankee stadium on the jumbo tron they show a whole history of the team before every game.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I think this will include mainly Cup winners and HOFers of Leafs great past.

Lots to choose from here that have won multiple Cups in Leaf jersey's.

I think if one was Davey Keon it would continue to help patch the past.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
I did some work for Teeder Kennedy a lot of years ago, very nice man and a great hockey player, he deserves to be there, one of those all heart players and he had a great shot.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I would think they'd Honour Keon's number first before erecting a statue.

scotian1

Dec 19, 2011
Kingston, N.S.
It is imperative that this is reserved for the very best players who have played for the Leafs and have either won Cups or have been league wined in categories such as Hart Trophy or Norris Trophy winners. Kennedy is a great choice for the first honouree.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I would think they'd Honour Keon's number first before erecting a statue.

Its Keon that is preventing the honouring based his belief that jersey are retired.

If they however erected a statue of him it would be well deserved, and then it might change his stance on having him join the others up in the rafters.

Its all about mending fences that Ballard tore down originally.

Keon by most is considered one the best Maple Leafs of all time. Since he is still alive honouring him now would have more impact then honouring past greats now passed on, who will get there statues in due time and well deserved also.

Kessley Snipes*

I believe Dougie, Mats, Borje and Wendel will make an appearance.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Its Keon that is preventing the honouring based his belief that jersey are retired.

If they however erected a statue of him it would be well deserved, and then it might change his stance on having him join the others up in the rafters.

Its all about mending fences that Ballard tore down originally.

Keon by most is considered one the best Maple Leafs of all time. Since he is still alive honouring him now would have more impact then honouring past greats now passed on, who will get there statues in due time and well deserved also.

Myself, until he changes his selfish attitude on the honouring, he should be ignored.

Kessley Snipes*

Borje is the closest to a legend of the 4 but I find it hard to believe even he'll make it.

Well Gilmour and Sundin are in the HHOF and have their numbers "honoured" so I would say there is a better chance of seeing them there than Wendel, who while "honoured" and being Captain isn't in the same league.

I forgot to add Sittler as a lock.

Myke

Jun 9, 2006
Toronto/Ottawa
www.myke.org
My three choices before Kennedy was announced were Keon, Bower, Sundin. Sundin because I feel they should have a relevant/current great and Sundin was a Leaf much longer than Gilmour or Clark even though they were still great Leafs.

Now with Kennedy being announced I would think the next two are Bower and Keon (although if they do not choose Keon because of the rift maybe Sundin still gets a shot)

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
one of em has got to be johnny bower. the other has to be george armstrong. he captained the leafs to 4 cups in the 60's. also maybe keon as well. was a part of the 4 teams that won the cup in the 60s as well.

another possibility is syl apps?

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Teeder Kennedy is a great choice.

My top 4 after him would be Syl Apps, Dave Keon, Johnny Bower and Tim Horton.

HM: Charlie Conacher, Frank Mahovlich, Red Kelly, Harvey "Busher" Jackson,

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad