GDT: Leafs @ Montreal - Opening Night - 7:00et on CBC, TSN1050: Passion Reignited PART 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

veedubn1

Jun 7, 2010
Fraser is playing like Fraser, not sure why folks are ripping on him.

His defense partner (Ranger) seems unable to make the simple play and is caught out of position at the worst times. That's definitely not as he was described.

Bleh

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
They just have to come out like they did in the first half of the first and they'll be good. Could have been 3-0 easy before Habs got a sniff.

Asif16*

Phanuf didnt know that Prust was gonna dive and jump in to the boards.

Someone seriously needs to Gif prust jumping to the boards

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Ranger was terrible. What the **** was he doing on the 2nd goal? Fraser already had his man covered there was no need for Ranger to be on that side. plus he was blocking Reimer. Terrible period for him.

rdogg

I cry your pardon
Aug 4, 2010
PEI
Entertaining 1st period, but damn the Leafs D needs to get a grip on things.

BayStreetBullies*

It's absolutely mind boggling how this board turned into whining teenagers in a matter of minutes.

Jesus take a chill pill and enjoy a bit. 2 more periods along with 81 more games left.

Only 40 minutes?!? That's not enough time to tie the game! :sarcasm:

BiggestLeafsFanEVER*

1 period and Bozo the Clown has reminded me why I can't stand him.

As far as our D, I'd rather see Rielly playing tbh.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Knew this was going to happen. Nonis did nothing to improve the weakest part of the team...defense. We need a shut down guy. We absolutely need it.

as there weren't really any this off season that wanted to come to Toronto. yes this is Nonis' fault.

I someone really harping on Kessel's -2?

Healey

Whole team has looked bad outside of Kessel, Reimer & a few others. Why don't we at least finish the game before we start panning players.

lol and hopefully pick the right ones.

Asif16*

Fraser is doing exactly what fraser is supposed to do.

Its his partner who sucks ballz. Ranger needs to get his **** together

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
Which dumb decision was that? Is he breathing too much for your liking?

Hitting a guy from behind after the ref has already called 3 penalties on mtl giving them a 5-3. Prust end of shift you know he will dive to get a call. Bear hug him up against the boards not a shove 5 feet away

Hockey IQ is low with Phaneuf. It's too bad cause if he can learn to play smart hockey he could be a top 10 D in the league

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I'm 99.9% sure that one of Fraser, Ranger or Gardiner isn't playing tomorrow. They're all playing terrible...we'll figure out who is the worst of the three that's losing their spot to Rielly.

Now I know why Rielly was playing conservatively...it's what the coach wants to see. Take risks...but don't go crazy like Gardiner is going right now.

Gardiner was terrible in the first period.

happyaccident

May 14, 2013
Phaneuf's penalty was idiotic. Prust embellishing it or not, he pushed him from behind and they'll call that every time.

BayStreetBullies*

Hitting a guy from behind after the ref has already called 3 penalties on mtl giving them a 5-3. Prust end of shift you know he will dive to get a call. Bear hug him up against the boards not a shove 5 feet away

Hockey IQ is low with Phaneuf. It's too bad cause if he can learn to play smart hockey he could be a top 10 D in the league

So it's his fault that Prust dived? Give me a break. And Phaneuf is already a top 10 D in the league, deal with it.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Franson played almost 9 minutes in the first period. More than anybody else on the ice.

Well deservedly too. He was great in that period but was also gassed towards the end.

Penalty Kill Icing*

This is going to be a long season for Blow-jack fans, and rightfully so. :laugh:

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
Now that Kessel has re-signed, can we waive Bozak and bury him in the ECHL? The guy is not good defensively OR offensively, and now that he's got a ridiculous contract he'll have more scrutiny and people will start to realize this. You can put any 3rd liner with Kessel and they'll produce just as much as Bozak did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad