GDT: Leafs @ Montreal - Opening Night - 7:00et on CBC, TSN1050: Passion Reignited PART 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asif16*

Fraser hasnt looked bad. I dont know what game you guys are watching.

Its ranger and Gunnarson who have been awful. Ranger just making fraser look bad.

Cool Hand Luke

May 27, 2008
Knew this was going to happen. Nonis did nothing to improve the weakest part of the team...defense. We need a shut down guy. We absolutely need it.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Sloppy passes... First game of the year, i can excuse that

The defense isnt that bad, montreal is doing a good job getting shots to the net and deflections.. This causes a scramble defensively.. Habs are a bit lucky on that frot right now .. The leafs had plenty of chances, just needed a bounce

Only 1 goal down .. After the first period.. In the first game of 82 ..

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
First period of the first game, and everyone is losing their minds . Season has begun

It's absolutely mind boggling how this board turned into whining teenagers in a matter of minutes.

Jesus take a chill pill and enjoy a bit. 2 more periods along with 81 more games left.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Leafs had some great chances, but no finish in close.

Kessel line not looking so good in their own zone.

Bodie is looking pretty good for his status, Bolland not so much.

Yes, yes, 1st. period of the 1st. game ...

Penalty Kill Icing*

Ranger needs to hold his nerves or whatever it is.

Looks like he is forgetting that his first job is defense. Stay in your zone please.

Wami

Chicken Lyfe'
Mar 8, 2013
We are coming out hard next period and dominating, JVR is going to feel it and snap another, and is it just me or does Bodie look like he seriously wants a permanent spot on this team?

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Good:
JvR
Kessel
Reimer

Bad:
Ranger-Fraser
Bozak
Faceoffs
Defense

But Kessel was -2 according to CBC...how could that be good!?

Seriously.

JvR, Kessel looking good...I'd add Bodie to the list of good too. He's just a 4th liner but he's had more scoring chances than Kadri's line combined.

Carlyle needs to switch Raymond and Kulemin in the 3rd period. Love Kulemin but he's nothing more than a 3rd liner now..Raymond has more skill than Kulemin in the offensive zone.

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
Give these guys a chance to get their legs going here.

It's game one, everyone's usually a little off for the first 5 games or so.

Overall pretty back and forth and it easily could be 2-2 if that bolland shot went in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->