OT: Leafs Lounge V. 103... Vanek is Available!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
Morning Bert.

Question for you - how do you catch these weekday Leafs games starting @ 7? They should be on at 4 for you, at which time you should be in the office. By the time you get out and go home, isn't 2 periods already over?

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Morning Bert.

Question for you - how do you catch these weekday Leafs games starting @ 7? They should be on at 4 for you, at which time you should be in the office. By the time you get out and go home, isn't 2 periods already over?

I'm only 2 hours behind, so games are at 5 .. I'm done work at 4:30 and my commute is only 10ish minutes home :nod:

Chandrashekhar Limit

Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
Argh, gonna miss the entire game tonight. Stupid work.

I think Bell provides an option of watching games on your smatphone. I'd look into it if I were you :naughty:

I'm only 2 hours behind, so games are at 5 .. I'm done work at 4:30 and my commute is only 10ish minutes home :nod:

Nice, works out well for you then. It's surprising your commute is only 10 mins in a big ass city like Calgary. In Toronto, even if you were only 10 mins away, it would take you 30 mins unless you were walking. Commuting on the road during rush hour is hell in Toronto.

Took me 2 hours to go on a 30 min route during my work term there.

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I think Bell provides an option of watching games on your smatphone. I'd look into it if I were you :naughty:

Nice, works out well for you then. It's surprising your commute is only 10 mins in a big ass city like Calgary. In Toronto, even if you were only 10 mins away, it would take you 30 mins unless you were walking. Commuting on the road during rush hour is hell in Toronto.

Took me 2 hours to go on a 30 min route during my work term there.

Yeah one of the reasons I moved out west is because I hated commuting to Toronto, an hour and a half one way is ridiculous.

But I'm lucky in that my house is less than 3 kilometres away, so even with traffic it takes me 15 minutes at most. On mornings where there is no traffic, I can make it in 5 minutes it's great.

When I am at my girlfriend's house, who lives on the other side of downtown it takes 15-20 minutes usually. Just gotta find those routes that avoid all the traffic

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
Is Vanek being available a joke or is that true?

It is an inside joke. Not true at all, don't worry :laugh:

Edit: In my work pool I was able to pick up Ryder. Dropped my worst defenseman to get him but now I only have 4 defenseman left. Time to trade a forward for a defenseman.

Chandrashekhar Limit

Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
Scrivens is geting the start again for the Leafs. Should be a good test for him against a much better team.

If we can run a defensive system as well as Saturday's one, a Reimer type goalie should be good enough for us. Just need guys to make the routine saves, and the odd good save.

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Scrivens is geting the start again for the Leafs. Should be a good test for him against a much better team.

If we can run a defensive system as well as Saturday's one, a Reimer type goalie should be good enough for us. Just need guys to make the routine saves, and the odd good save.

Glad they're going with Scrivens, after a shaky start he buckled down well .. Still has some things to refine but picking up the win was good for his confidence and rewarding him with the start tonight should only bolster that confidence

Carlyle's got it right, whoever's stopping pucks should get the start

Chandrashekhar Limit

Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
Yep, so far Carlyle seems to reward people based on their performance. With RW, it felt like there was a sense of entitlement for the veterans.

He sent down prospects even when they beat some veterans in camp, and made a complete snafu of the goalie situation. I can't even count the number of times he chose to switch up goalie after a win.

Looney Toonies

May 30, 2012
Canada
Can they really do that? And it doesn't even make sense considering it's their most watched show probably.. So much fail.

Just read an interview, did the ctrl+f to make sure no spoilers, at the very end it said.

Sons of Anarchy will return to FX in 2013.

Awesome news!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad