Status
Not open for further replies.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
:)

You guys know me so well!

(work computer was slow starting up this morning)

How much are you gonna charge for rent? :P

Enough to cover half my mortgage probably if I'm still living there .. If I'm not probably my mortgage (including taxes and insurance) as a base - depends on if the rental market is still insane in a few years :P

Ace88*

We are brothers, so when he forgets I have to step up.

Aside to the hockey players in here (Schenn, Bert, etc.)

What stick are you guys using right now? I just broke my RS so I'm in the market for a new one... not crazy expensive.

How much is crazy expensive? I've been using a Bauer Vapor X90 for a couple years and i really like it. Kinda hoping it breaks soon so i can get a new one lol. Pretty sure it's the 87 flex one, it's actually a pretty good stick for the price, i like it.

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I have some sort of Easton brand :laugh:

I don't get hyped up on models or brands .. I just go with whatever feels good in weight, grip, and how the curve it .. My price range is typically $90-$120

I find Sportchek has the best deals on sticks, usually they can gave $150-$220 sticks on sale half price

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto

What stick are you guys using right now? I just broke my RS so I'm in the market for a new one... not crazy expensive.

I use a ccm rbz 60, around $100 and does the job fine.

Ace88*

My backup stick is wicked, some Easton composite shaft with a wood blade that you can swap out for other blades. Nothin beats the feel of a wood blade if you ask me.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
:)

You guys know me so well!

(work computer was slow starting up this morning)

Enough to cover half my mortgage probably if I'm still living there .. If I'm not probably my mortgage (including taxes and insurance) as a base - depends on if the rental market is still insane in a few years :P

Yeah my buddy does that actually. He's only a Swiss Chalet delivery guy, but he saved up enough money for a down payment on a duplex. He rents out the other side and it pretty much covers his mortgage payments for the month so he only has to pay hydro and any other expenses. Pretty good gig if you can get the right people to rent it.

Last edited:

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Yeah that's a good setup .. Affording a mortgage payment isn't particularly difficult, it's saving for a large enough downpayment

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County

My favorite stick was the Bauer x:60 when it was the top of the line vapor a few years ago. Used that stick for a few years but they are all gone now. Switched the the Nexus 600 because I am not playing as much anymore and liked it. I broke both my Nexus' in 2 nights though and needed a stick quick, and didn't have much choice so I got a supreme . 7 and it's okay. I think i like the Nexus and vapor series Bakers better.

Ace88*

Ehh i could never get used to the Nexus, it feels so flimsy and i feel like i would break it with one slapper. The X series is probably the best that Bauer makes.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Ehh i could never get used to the Nexus, it feels so flimsy and i feel like i would break it with one slapper. The X series is probably the best that Bauer makes.

I'll probably buy a new stick for next season, and will likely go with this years model of the x:100 stick. Kane curve, and I'm going to drop to a 67 flex. I want to channel my inner Kessel. :P

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I'll probably buy a new stick for next season, and will likely go with this years model of the x:100 stick. Kane curve, and I'm going to drop to a 67 flex. I want to channel my inner Kessel. :P

You won't be able to handle it ;)

Mind you I buy sticks we 75-80 flex .. but it's usually around 85-90 after I cut it down

Love me some flex .. Gives me a wicked wrist shot and half clapper

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
You won't be able to handle it ;)

Mind you I buy sticks we 75-80 flex .. but it's usually around 85-90 after I cut it down

Love me some flex .. Gives me a wicked wrist shot and half clapper

I have a 77 right meow, not cut at all. I have an decently quick little shot. I think I could handle the switch to a 67. I don't take clappers very often.

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I have a 77 right meow, not cut at all. I have an decently quick little shot. I think I could handle the switch to a 67. I don't take clappers very often.

Why are you brining the cat into this :sarcasm:

Nice man .. I went with like 1 goal and maybe 1 apple in 4 or 5 games with my new stick until this past week when I've exploded for 5 goals and 4 assists in my last two games :laugh: .. I have no idea what to make of that or what will happen tomorrow night in my next game

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Why are you brining the cat into this :sarcasm:

Nice man .. I went with like 1 goal and maybe 1 apple in 4 or 5 games with my new stick until this past week when I've exploded for 5 goals and 4 assists in my last two games :laugh: .. I have no idea what to make of that or what will happen tomorrow night in my next game

Don't retape your stick. Lots of luck in that tape job. ;)

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Don't retape your stick. Lots of luck in that tape job. ;)

I like to think it was the lasagne I made made before that first game, when I got 2G and 2A

I ate the leftovers Sunday at lunch before my game and got 3G and 2A ... I think I need to make lasagne tomorrow :laugh:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I never re-tape my stick if I am on a hot streak.

In other news, the creator of Flappy Birds has received death threats since removing the game from the App Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad