Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose in a shootout .. In their own Leafy way

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
Was at the game last night. Komarov and Kadri stood out well for me. Thought that Gardiner had a really bad game, especially that :facepalm: play where he tried to bat the puck out of midair at our blueline, rather than playing it a bit more conservatively (or physically) which lead to a goal against

StevieBlunder

Jun 17, 2015
The goalie debate is really getting old. Last night gave us no new information on that topic, can it just at last be dropped? It was Reimer's weakest game in a while, yes. But he'll most certainly get the next start and we can start discussing who's between the pipes when we have options (Ie Bernier puts together some decent performances). The chance to argue about this and cause innocent users headaches will come when Bernier gets another look, inevitable as the season wears on. Patience...

And anyways last night's game has so many positives to discuss. Komarov? He continually surprises me. Remember that poll asking who would benefit most from Babcock? Who would have thought Leo would be a contender. Or Bozak for that matter?

These guys will fetch something decent if we opt to move them. But Uncle Leo I would prefer holding onto. He's the kind of hardworking vet that has Bab's trust and respect- someone we need on the ice as the young guys come up.

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
Leo Komarov replacing Kessel on the top line scored his 7th goal of the year which is the same amount as flying Phil has this year.

Tyler Bozak recorded his 14th point of the season which is also the same amount that Kessel has being centered Crosby/Malkin.

Plus, Komarov 104 hits, Kessel 3. I would much prefer to watch Komarov.

leafs at 19 points. not bad for this roster man. this team is actually pretty fun to watch.

I enjoy watching this team as well, probably less than a handful of bad games. If this was last years team, they would have folded after the 2nd goal against. This team had a bit of a lull & then outplayed the bruins for the rest of the game.

Shanty

July hockey is where bridges are burned
Jan 9, 2010
Toronto
Plus, Komarov 104 hits, Kessel 3. I would much prefer to watch Komarov.

I enjoy watching this team as well, probably less than a handful of bad games. If this was last years team, they would have folded after the 2nd goal against. This team had a bit of a lull & then outplayed the bruins for the rest of the game.

They were absolutely flying in the third, I watched 3 turnovers by the Bruins at their blueline right to Rielly, and Gardinr. All our dmen pinching at exactly the right moments all night long.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad