Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose in a shootout .. In their own Leafy way

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
Get hammered in Boston and lose.

Destroy the Bruins on home ice and still lose.

The tank crowd probably appreciated these last two games but this one was really painful, as entertaining as it was. 0/6 on the PP cost us this game although I'm sure you could argue Rask won it for Boston. Games like these will result in wins more often than not but of course when we lose one like this it has to be to Boston, and it has to be because of Rask.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
You guys are insufferable with your constant Reimer talk.

Bruins didn't look too good once they were given some push back, Leafs seemed timid/lazy at first but eventually put it together for a decent game.

Thissiteisgarbage

Oct 14, 2014
I'm 48 and remember when they had tie games.

I don't remember being put off by them in the slightest...the gimmicky end to these games is just ridiculous. Maybe it's 'cause I'm an old dude, but isn't anyone else put off by this nonsense?

Sonny21

Registerd User
Oct 3, 2009
Where was the compete in the first two periods? They played great in the 3rd period. The team that showed up in the 3rd is showing up less and less in the past few weeks.

We'll see but it was fun watching that 3rd period comeback.

BorntoLose

Nov 4, 2014
Rask stole the game for Boston. much better game than Saturday at least, now a big 5 day break

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
Where was the compete in the first two periods? They played great in the 3rd period. The team that showed up in the 3rd is showing up less and less in the past few weeks.

We'll see but it was fun watching that 3rd period comeback.

We outscored them 3-1 in the second period :dunno:

happyaccident

May 14, 2013

I don't remember being put off by them in the slightest...the gimmicky end to these games is just ridiculous. Maybe it's 'cause I'm an old dude, but isn't anyone else put off by this nonsense?

I so thought it would catch on to the other leagues. NFL game decided by a field goal contest, NBA game decided by 3-pt shooting, MLB game decided by a homerun derby.
Oh wait, those other leagues aren't run by idiots.

Jeepman89*

Oct 10, 2015
Rask stole the game for Boston. much better game than Saturday at least, now a big 5 day break

Reimer gave this one away. 3 crappy goals and a stinker in the shootout through the legs. reimer stinks. Time for Bernier to reclaim the net.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I couldn't care less about wins and losses, I just care about good games right now. This was a very entertaining game. That's all I care about.

The Kessel Run

Jun 7, 2011

I'm in the same boat as you, sir.

Gramsci

Jul 31, 2003
Toronto

I never had a problem with ties. Never understood the need to eliminate them, particularly with something as stupid as a sniper contest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad