Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose 6-5 in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Get ready for the blues. A real tough team and one we that is actually a challange. Leafs lost this game with their stupidity and I hope Babcock absolutely rips and calls out the guys who played poorly.

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
Meh. 5 of 6 points on a 3 in 4 and back to back against a rested Habs team. Should be. win, but hard to be angry in the bigger picture

People tend to focus on individual games too much

As whole they have done well, but the third period of that game was pathetic. Here's to hoping it doesn't become a habit.

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
The spirit of Kadri haunts us.

1. The Kapanen rage impulse - stick throw causing a penalty shoot

2. And the Baby Dady Marriage drain on Tavares.

Matthews, Moore, Barry. Outstanding.
3rd and 4th line.

JT and Marner 22 Million of mehhhhhhhhh

Decent Hutch, Price is a legend especially on 1v1

definedMF

Apr 19, 2013
Big Yellow Joint
Hutchinson didn't get much help but he doesn't seem to steal games or anything which go quickly we collapse can really screw us in a game where we just fall asleep.

Bad look boys.

Also absurd Babcock didn't play Freddy on the second back to back instead against a divisional team.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
not winning in the playoffs with this brand of hockey that's for sure. Why did Dubas qualify Ceci???????

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Dive by weber
stick throw by kapanen
and shit performance by tavares
=
loss

its a disgrace you lose after 5 goals and goals have come from your depth guys

expect better performance by the guy that wears the "C" it is not just one game he wasn't good in the opener against Ottawa, didn't really do much against CBJ and sucked ass tonight. Tavares needs to f***ing show up

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
Hopefully Babs punishes Kap by throwing him down to the third line. Might help the Tavares/Marner line remember how to play hockey without Hyman.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
One more point than I expected on a b2b with our very meh backup, but don't like blowing a lead like that. Tavares needs to be a lot better, and Kapanen needs to do something or he'll be in the dog house if he isn't already.

Tavares has had a slow start but we often forget the personal life part of the player. He just had a baby. Life's probably hectic and Kapanen is shit on that line.

Not going to criticize him for one or two bad games. I'll reserve judgement on this team in the playoffs. This game doesn't make any difference overall.

Hutchinson scares the shit out of me. Why can't we get lucky for once with these back up goalies.

Reactions: Kurtz

2 Slick

Oct 23, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
It seems like another typical third period choke job by the Leafs. If you're up 4 to 1 in the third period and find a way to lose, then clearly most of the time was out to lunch.

I was impressed with our third line, Matthews and Nylander, but our first line was absolute garbage top to bottom.

Kapanen is useless, looks absolutely lost out there, can't make any decent plays, has zero chemistry with Marner and Tavares, then causes the game to get to OT to begin with.

Tavares looks super slow, hasn't looked good at all this season. Taking boneheaded penalties in OT, giving the puck away many times, just looks off kilter, not something you expect from your captain. VERY disappointed in his play this far, VERY.

Deja Vu, this team is gonna do this a LOT this season.

Also, Hutchinson didn't look very good the second half of the game. Didn't look good in the first either and seemed really shaky, almost scared, fobbled the puck an awful lot. Disappointed in his game as well.

Disappointed with the Leafs as a whole, you gave away 2 points, when you should've had 2 easy ones if you just kept it simple.

Dumb.

Reactions: Polaris1010

Jesus Is Lord

Jan 13, 2019
One of the dumbest plays I've ever seen by Kap there. Just terrible. At least Matthews looked good, coulda had 5 tonight if Price wasn't in net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad