Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose 6-5 in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Tavares line, particularly Tavares and Kapanen, was really bad. It felt like Tavares didn't even win a faceoff until OT. Looks really slow out there.

Kapanen has earned a demotion. He looks lost usually, but that play was mindless beyond his usual.

Defense was too porous, Hutch was good then bad.

Third line looked good. Matthews keeps rolling.

Reactions: TMLS

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
One more point than I expected on a b2b with our very meh backup, but don't like blowing a lead like that. Tavares needs to be a lot better, and Kapanen needs to do something or he'll be in the dog house if he isn't already.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I never like the Leafs losing, but there is the side benefit of coming into these threads and marvelling at the overreactions.

At least it was entertaining. As was said above, I’ll happily take 5/6 points on 3 games in 4 nights.

Super entertaining game. No one and by no one I mean no one is stopping Matthews from scoring 50-60 goals this season.

Reactions: DeanYoungblood10

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
I was surprised the let DeSmith clear waivers. That looks like it is biting them in the ass right now.

Aside from that the team did look pretty gassed in the third. Downside of having three games in four nights.

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
Sens fans told us Ceci was shit and they were right. No clue how to play D and soft as butter. Once Dermott back move him to third pairing until a trade can be made. Speaking of trade Kap has no place on this team with his lack of hockey IQ and stone hands

Reactions: TMLS

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Should of been an easy close out... not all on Hutch at all, but he made no big saves.

Leafs were f***ing sleep walking through the 3rd. Effort wasn't good enough.

Got a point.... so... trying to look at it as a positive, but they need to make some adjustments.

Habs aren't very good. Leafs played bad at the end.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
Not a big deal, 2-0-1 isn't a terrible start in 4 nights.

With that said, Weber is one of the biggest bitches in the league and JT needs to pull his head out of his ass.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
Could have used Gardiner in OT tonight.:sarcasm:

Oh, and the Leafs get to face the Blues next. Fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad