Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose 6-3 to the Isles (Post game starts on page 18)

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
1 bad game, and people want to trade Phaneuf for a LTIR guy?

I'm fine with trading the guy, but christ.

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal
well that would be sweet -- thank you

but honestly. i don't know (even when this team is hecka bad) why you'd give up tickets. i mean it's the leafs. they're GONNA be good eventually. and even if they aren't you get the see the superstars on the other side put on a show. win win

He never will he enjoys the grouch role. Those of us who have been around for a while have to empathize, he and/or his business have been buying the tickets. The results for the most part are underwhelming.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Toronto Maple Leafs head coach Mike Babcock addresses the media following Toronto's 6-3 loss against New York on Tuesday night.

mikebel111*

This is one of those games where you can just write off for the entire team. Lets focus on the game tomorrow

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
These are the games that will disappear when the Leafs are a competitor. As it stands, it is telling on where this team is as far as the rebuild goes.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
The team played well enough to win , Bernier **** the bed and Dion is doing his mid season slide again .

KILLERLEAFFAN101

Jan 19, 2008
Toronto
I don't get why media has been pumping Berniers tires of late or always. The guy has a .861 save percentage since Reims went down, I guess this market settles for well below mediocrity in the media

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
I didn't get to watch the game today but I see the bad bounces were in full swing tonight, until the 3rd for some reason.

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
I don't get why media has been pumping Berniers tires of late or always. The guy has a .861 save percentage since Reims went down, I guess this market settles for well below mediocrity in the media

Remember how much Raycroft's 37 wins were heralded, despite his atrocious sv%? If they win a few games suddenly all the goals against become not the goalie's fault...

Doug Gilmour

Oct 5, 2010
That Gardiner-Phaneuf pairing looked horrible tonight. They weren't reading each other at all and were a mess. Gardiner at points looked disinterested and lost while Phaneuf was trying to get fancy and heroic at other points. Something has got to give with these 2. We need to stop pretending Bernier is our future, he clearly doesn't have the consistency to be a goalie who can play in a defensive system like Babcock's and face less than 30 shots per game. Would have been perfect with Ron Wilson and/or Randy Carlyle. Just my .02

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
Remember how much Raycroft's 37 wins were heralded, despite his atrocious sv%? If they win a few games suddenly all the goals against become not the goalie's fault...

there's no way to spin a .600 save percentage. 6 goals on 15 shots? Gimme a break. 6 goals on 56 shots is more tolerable. Heck 6 goals in 46 shots is somewhat tolerable. 6 goals on 36 and we start to scratch our heads. 6 in 26 then we pull the goalie. 6 in 15 is just...time to bring out the eggos.

carko32

May 14, 2014
Slovenia
Jonny B has to go. Bring Sparks up to backup and get all his nerves out. Send Bernier to Calgary for a 3rd or something.

Well Ramo is playing really well in December, so I don't think they need any new goalie. But they might want to get someone else upfront, someone to provide additional leadership and secondary scoring.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
That Gardiner-Phaneuf pairing looked horrible tonight. They weren't reading each other at all and were a mess. Gardiner at points looked disinterested and lost while Phaneuf was trying to get fancy and heroic at other points. Something has got to give with these 2. We need to stop pretending Bernier is our future, he clearly doesn't have the consistency to be a goalie who can play in a defensive system like Babcock's and face less than 30 shots per game. Would have been perfect with Ron Wilson and/or Randy Carlyle. Just my .02

Something have to give? That pairing has been terrific this season, one game doesn't change that.

And pretty much nobody believes Bernier is the future anymore. He has been the only healthy goalie though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad