Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose 6-3 to the Isles (Post game starts on page 18)

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal
for heck yah.
ill come keep you company!

He used to have 3 pairs, first he had were top row greys at the Gardens. Access to many more. Right now first row greens and 4 shared top row reds which are my favourite of all time. Big Irish family he's one of the oldest and I'm the youngest. I'll try to finagle the Reds next year Daisy and you and a guest can join myself and a son or niece or a nephew. Unless he follows thru and doesn't renew, and that hasn't happened so far.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
My point exactly. Impossible trade. Granted Clarkson was an impossible trade too.

Made possible by the Jackets being cheap idiots and not insuring Horton.

I don't think even Loophole Lou can find a way out of Phaneuf's contract, especially since taking on another LTIRetirement deal will eat into offseason cap space since it'll overflow the 10% buffer.

Slot

Mar 6, 2012

I don't think even Loophole Lou can find a way out of Phaneuf's contract, especially since taking on another LTIRetirement deal will eat into offseason cap space since it'll overflow the 10% buffer.

Pretty sure that Horton's contract was uninsurable due to concussions before his back gave out

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto

Phaneuf 10% retained for Ryan Clowe ++?

That makes sense.

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
The one positive of the game tonight is that our 4th line did quite well. Boyes and Matthias with two point nights each, and had the least ice time.

Brad Boyes is now ranked #1 on the Leafs in Even Strength Points per 60, with over 2. His shooting percentage is 6.6%, compared to a career average of 11.7, last year at 9.3, and a career worst (in 12 previous years), of 7.1. Currently, less than 20% of his assists are secondary, compared to a league average of over 40%. So, he's not getting lucky in either of those areas and should actually be expected to improve.

Despite all of this, he is dead last in average time on ice per game. I sure hope that he's asked for reduced minutes due to his age, because any other explanation would reveal massive incompetence in Leafs management.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
The one positive of the game tonight is that our 4th line did quite well. Boyes and Matthias with two point nights each, and had the least ice time.

Brad Boyes is now ranked #1 on the Leafs in Even Strength Points per 60, with over 2. His shooting percentage is 6.6%, compared to a career average of 11.7, last year at 9.3, and a career worst (in 12 previous years), of 7.1. Currently, less than 20% of his assists are secondary, compared to a league average of over 40%. So, he's not getting lucky in either of those areas and should actually be expected to improve.

Despite all of this, he is dead last in average time on ice per game. I sure hope that he's asked for reduced minutes due to his age, because any other explanation would reveal massive incompetence in Leafs management.

So a 1st, maybe a 2nd for Boyes then at the TDL? :naughty:

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal
Islanders won the game.

They were better than the Leafs, and you can't win them all.

Whatever, transition year, wins-losses don't mean much.

It's how you lose,for me tonight was close to what happened second half last year. This was a exception this year. Winning tomorrow night isn't a big deal but playing better is .

Ash35

Jan 29, 2010
Islanders won the game.

They were better than the Leafs, and you can't win them all.

Whatever, transition year, wins-losses don't mean much.

Leafs outshot and outplayed them. They beat themselves with the odd missed assignment that seemed to always end up in the back of the net. Bernier also didn't help

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
So a 1st, maybe a 2nd for Boyes then at the TDL? :naughty:

Clearly that's unrealistic, but if he got more ice time and keeps him play up then he could get something like a 2nd + 3rd. Playing on a line with Kadri and Komarov would boost his value more than it's boosting Grabner's value.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
He used to have 3 pairs, first he had were top row greys at the Gardens. Access to many more. Right now first row greens and 4 shared top row reds which are my favourite of all time. Big Irish family he's one of the oldest and I'm the youngest. I'll try to finagle the Reds next year Daisy and you and a guest can join myself and a son or niece or a nephew. Unless he follows thru and doesn't renew, and that hasn't happened so far.

well that would be sweet -- thank you

but honestly. i don't know (even when this team is hecka bad) why you'd give up tickets. i mean it's the leafs. they're GONNA be good eventually. and even if they aren't you get the see the superstars on the other side put on a show. win win

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
So are people pretending that loss wasn't mainly due to Bernier being a sieve? Pucks going right through him, again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad