Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 5-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Is there a different system then the leafs system of activating their defense in the offensive zone? I feel like this causes more opportunities the other way than it does on offense. Leafs forwards just aren't good enough at being defensively responsible.

I only catch 1/3 of most games. So I may be wrong.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Your stat line is wrong. Andersen and Ducks got into 3rd round. So Andersen won two elimination games that year.

Backup Campbell have only few games left before fans and media turn on him. Before May comes Backup will be cursed. Same way like Sparky Sparks. What a day that will be.
No he did not he lost his only game 7 elimination game that year to hawks 5-3 in game 7 ... other 2 series were sweeps

Reactions: LeafsRus

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Your stat line is wrong. Andersen and Ducks got into 3rd round. So Andersen won two elimination games that year.

Backup Campbell have only few games left before fans and media turn on him. Before May comes Backup will be cursed. Same way like Sparky Sparks. What a day that will be.

Ah, cheering for one of our players to fail. Fun.

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough

At least Campbell is the sole owner of one NHL record. Andersen will forever be remembered as an annual loser in Toronto.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015

you’re aware a team could get to the third round without a chance of being eliminated right? Elimination game means your team, not the game. So if Anaheim wins a series 4-2 there was never an elimination game for Andy cause they were never down 3 losses.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
Campbell breaks a record for most wins to start a season in a row. Loses 1? And now everyone’s shitting on him. Maybe some of you need to stop watching hockey cause it’s not rookie mode in nhl 20 like you’re used too

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
1. PP
2. Forward injuries
3. Chickenshit counterattack wpg style got the breaks

I don’t know if I’d call it that...why would you try to outskill a skill team? Especially when you know they don’t have the heart to battle through a real grinding slow game where their skill is nullified?
I’m tempted to call it smart personally

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
In other words our skaters didn't do their part... right?

No we do quite well in chances compared to opposition. Both 5v5 and special teams in CBJ series. Goaltending, particularly PK, has been weak. Freddy is typically a below-average starter in HDSV%.

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
That's homer talk, though, to be fair. Everybody overrates their own players and underrates players on other teams. How is Ehlers worse than Will? I think they are about equal. Schiefele is probably better than JT at this point in time.
In terms of importance:
I think scheifele matches to their Matthews
Ehlers is their Marner
Wheeler is their Tavares
PLD is their bigger meaner version of our Nylander

killer1980

Sep 15, 2014
Kirkland Lake
I cant disagree with you but the Andersen haters have been here for years, he could have had a 20 game shutout streak and they would have found something to bitch about.

But he didn't. And he has been a major reason for our playoff exits. So, we have lots to bitch about regarding his ability. Talk to me when he has that 20 game shutout streak. I promise I'll change my mind.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Not sure where to put this so putting it here.

Any news about if we are playing sunday or is the game postponed? can't find any info for it

Dave92

Oct 9, 2019
Leafs are like 9–2-2 in their last 13 and you people are complaining.

you all can’t be this stupid. Some of you it’s obvious. But most? Cmon now.

They're also 10-8-2 in the last 20. 10 wins in 20 games, last year they started very hot under Keefe stumbled into the playoffs and face planted.

Acting like a bit of very modest regular season success means the team is above criticism is laughable.

Dave92

Oct 9, 2019

Fans sure were wrong about Sparks hunh, what a career he's having.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Holy f*** you guys are just happier than a pig in shit that Campbell had a couple bad starts.

I have been trying to tell people that he was going to go through a down turn because nobody can keep .950 and 1.5 GAA for a whole season. You can't make a determination that he is back to being just a backup after a couple of bad games. Same way you can't make a determination that he is a bona fide starter after this really hot stretch. His numbers are back to more human like at 2.18 GAA and .922 sv %. Which are great numbers. You can't go too down or too high, it's all about the body of work for the whole season. He has been really really good. He doesn't need to have a .950 save % for this team to win. He just needs to get back to solid goaltending.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

Actually the Ducks swept Winnipeg and beat Calgary 4-1 in the first two rounds that year and lost Game 6 and 7 vs Chicago in the conference finals. That's why Andersen's games played were relatively low that year despite getting to within one game of the Cup finals. So in the only game the Ducks were in danger of elimination, they were eliminated.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
I have been trying to tell people that he was going to go through a down turn because nobody can keep .950 and 1.5 GAA for a whole season. You can't make a determination that he is back to being just a backup after a couple of bad games. Same way you can't make a determination that he is a bona fide starter after this really hot stretch. His numbers are back to more human like at 2.18 GAA and .922 sv %. Which are great numbers. You can't go too down or too high, it's all about the body of work for the whole season. He has been really really good. He doesn't need to have a .950 save % for this team to win. He just needs to get back to solid goaltending.

I wonder, who thought he was going to keep up .950 and not lose a game?

Perhaps if you found your opinion to be controversial, it’s not because people thought he was going to keep up that pace, but rather because you were making arguments against things they never said.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I wonder, who thought he was going to keep up .950 and not lose a game?

Perhaps if you found your opinion to be controversial, it’s not because people thought he was going to keep up that pace, but rather because you were making arguments against things they never said.

Because I see people are starting to turn on him. I see people who expect perfection. Same thing with Fred.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
But he didn't. And he has been a major reason for our playoff exits. So, we have lots to bitch about regarding his ability. Talk to me when he has that 20 game shutout streak. I promise I'll change my mind.

Not true, simply not true... he's was a major reason why we were able to stay in the two Boston series and the only reason why we were able to stretch it to 5 games vs CBJ ... .936 sv%, 1.84 GAA, 3 quality starts in a 5 game series, plus in two of his losses in the CBJ series he allowed 2 or less goals and he was the problem according to the unbiased crowd. Sorry but some people just gotta find the simplest most uneducated excuse and then scapegoat a player ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad