Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose 4-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

On-the-Fly

Feb 6, 2007
Mr. Andersen has been the biggest suprise on this team this season.

Hes a pretty good goalie with ups and downs but this down is way past anything most of us could have guessed, no?

Last edited:
Reactions: NinjaKick

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
I'll take your goalies after Cujo and Belfour and raise you goalies BEFORE Cujo and Belfour.
Potvin had a good couple seasons, but yeah potvin cujo Belfour is definitely the exception not the rule when it comes to maple leaf goaltending

Reactions: moon111

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Would be nice if we had drafted some goalies in recent years. It’s been tough watching us pass on guys like Hart, Demko, Gibson...I wanted Hart at the time we drafted Korshkov this isn’t hindsight

Carltons Cup

Let's Do This..
Feb 22, 2018
And by the way, for Christ's sake enough with the St. Pats jerseys.

Freddie looks like the leprechaun who stole the pot of gold.

Reactions: definedMF

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I was hoping for a golaie change in the fall, but admittedly I didn't think things could get this bad. Campbell's injury I think threw a bit of a wrench into things

Hopefully theres light at the end of the tunnel

Yes, I think you're right about that. I am guessing we would have seen a more equal split of starts if Jack did not get hurt.

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
The good thing is, the leafs are still a dynamite team. And have largely lost because of poor goaltending. It’s opened the door for Campbell to play for a while. And should he fail like Freddy, maybe Freddy can come back with a little less pressure knowing he isn’t hearing jacks footsteps. I just don’t see jack losing the net. No way he can possibly play worse than what Fred has done all year. It’s truly not even NHL worthy goaltending

Reactions: LeafsRus

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I was hoping for a golaie change in the fall, but admittedly I didn't think things could get this bad. Campbell's injury I think threw a bit of a wrench into things

Truthfully I figured we'd repeat something like last year, maybe win a round and then Fred would move on due to bad goals at key times vs. good competition.

This is a goalie who has completely lost his way right now.

Reactions: LeafsRus

Eric bungay

Jun 30, 2018
I wish Andy atleast looked like he cared. Always looks out of it, like he doesn't give a damn. Gy has zero compete level
He dose look lost out there and zero confidence i really don't envy him not one bit right now extremely tough situation to be in.... can only imagine what's going through his mind in these games !!!

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts

Given how this team plays while under pressure I wouldn't waste any assets to add to this team.

I don't have much faith in any of our goalies; our D is suspect; our special teams are a JOKE; we cannot play any offensive hockey when neutral zone is clogged

Let this team sink or swim; DO NOT ADD anything to this team if it costs any premier assets (1st rounders, Lily, 2nd rounders, etc...)

If I am a GM I stay pat don't do F ALL.

- Matthews is injured no guaranteee when his wrist will be healed
- Don't have faith in Tavares or Nylander to show up when it matters
- Don't have much faith in Keefe either; he refuses to seprate matthews and marner to spread out offense; doesn't think the game right; or preps the team right; special teams are a freakin JOKE

- Adding to this team is NOT a good idea

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Only 7 points up on 6th place

Another regulation loss tomorrow and it will be full on panic mode

No lol. This team is playing so, so much better than the rest of the North. Even Andersen can’t continue to suck this bad for 25 more games.

They just need to ride Campbell for a bit. This team just needs .905-.910 goaltending.

Ports

Dec 7, 2017
Look at the bright side. If Andersen starts 6 of the next 7 our idiot coach will probably get fired for it.

Just like the playoffs things start to go wrong and there is no ability to right the ship. Front running losers top to bottom.
Coach can’t stop the puck. If your goalie isn’t dependable there’s nothing anybody can do. Hopefully fully Campbell can stay healthy and take over.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Dubas has built the best team we’ve had since forever, and Keefe is coaching it to near perfection minus goaltending (penalty kill is a problem but they actually don’t allow too many good chances but Andersen’s shit on PK too).

what do you want to blame them for?

Are we blaming them for making the D too good that they only allow 20-25 shots a game making it hard for Andersen to concentrate?

I meant criticism for sticking with Fred. If he is indeed as bad as you guys are sayin. I get it, though, Campbell injury threw a wrench into things.

Reactions: ACC1224

Dave92

Oct 9, 2019
Coach can’t stop the puck. If your goalie isn’t dependable there’s nothing anybody can do. Hopefully fully Campbell can stay healthy and take over.

That's true but he can stop putting the same goalie in the net and refusing to ever pull him.

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
Our PK is really hurting us (and having Andersen the sieve in net doesn't help). And our vaunted PP is also hurting us. Having Rielly on the point who couldn't take a Slapshot if his life depended on it doesn't help.
I hope Dubas doesn't go gung ho and make drastic trades just to try and save his job.
Andersen is trash. No matter what trade(s) Dubas makes, we will go nowhere in the playoffs with Andersen in net!

Last edited:
Reactions: Stanley Sumdae

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

Not panicking when I say this, but maybe they're just closer to this than the team at the start of the season. Very flawed team hoping to outscore all of its problems and when the easy early season scoring dries up like it always does, doesn't have the versatility to get things going. Mix in Fred Andersen turning into a minor leaguer before our eyes.

Reactions: stealth1

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
And by the way, for Christ's sake enough with the St. Pats jerseys.

Freddie looks like the leprechaun who stole the pot of gold.
Not sure Fred could find a lot of gold, he's having enough trouble finding pucks outside the back of his net.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
I liked Chucky beside Will. Kind of a recording for everyone that plays with him other than Tavares. Wonder what that's about.

I thought everyone other than Fred was pretty for the most part. We really need Campbell to get healthy. Even if he isn't the best, a change seems to be exactly what this team needs. Fred's been costing us win after win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad