Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose 4-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
The good news is that Freddy's terrible play (and the Leafs not being able to win despite his suckage) is gonna force them to play Jack.

All these losses are worth it if it means poor Fred stops getting the baby gloves treatment and is forced to earn his minutes like everyone else.

If Campbell can just play average tomorrow night and for every night after that, he’s got the job in my book.

Andersen is about 3 levels below average right now.

CapspaceKiller

Aug 10, 2020
> Freddy sucked, just terrible goaltending
> Tavares and Rielly where brutal the whole game
> Nylander has carried Tavares for weeks, I thought he was the best leaf.
> Holl had a very bad 1st half the game, but started getting going late
> Dermott looked lost
> Marner and Matthews where solid, but could've been better. Glad to see Matthews shoot so much
> Thornton/Spezza/Simmonds needs to be the 4th line, they can be really dangerous in short spurts. Also Simmonds looked great, just use him in the powerplay
> Please Campbell be healthy

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I mean Keefe keeps playing him and Dubas never bothered to address the goaltending in the fall. And he still keeps saying he is not worried about the goaltending. If Campbell plays well tomorrow, he better start on Thursday as well.

To be fair it seems is if management tried a goalie trade during the off-season prior to free agency with few takers.

Doesn't immune management of criticism here. Their roster, they have to own it, but it at least seems as if they tried to do something earlier

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
The good news is that Freddy's terrible play (and the Leafs not being able to win despite his suckage) is gonna force them to play Jack.

All these losses are worth it if it means poor Fred stops getting the baby gloves treatment and is forced to earn his minutes like everyone else.

If Campbell can stay healthy...

Management are in a tight spot this deadline.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
They've been playing different of late. Outside shots, little work in front and the D has been less physical.

Add sub par goaltending and a lost PP, and this team is constantly running uphill.

I caught the end of the first and saw someone throw a hit and was impressed... turned out it was Galchenyuk. Made sense that it was unexpected.

Reactions: Eric bungay

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
What is this?

a fast and snappy answer to your highly detailed and somewhat hyperbolic explanation!

if you meant where is this from, or what is the reference then that's different;

it's from Oliver Stone's 1991 version of the JFK assassination which was loosely based on Don Delilo's book "Libra" which dealt with the connection to New Orleans and Jim Garrisons investigation

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
I'm at the point where I don't think I can watch any more Freddy starts.

I've watched 95% of games since the early 80's and 99% since the early 90s. I haven't contemplated purposely tuning out a game since Horachek was behind the bench.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
To be fair it seems is if management tried a goalie trade during the off-season prior to free agency with few takers.

Doesn't immune management of criticism here. Their roster, they have to own it, but it at least seems as if they tried to do something earlier

After the Columbus series there was a lot of anger towards the Maple Leafs and once cooler heads prevailed, it seemed like a "Last Dance" type scenario with this current group. If it doesn't work, deeper cuts will need to be made. I think Dubas probably deserves some criticism for not addressing the goaltending in the offseason but perhaps there was the thought that they would go all in with this group and just see how it shakes out. Though at the time, it seemed like grabbing a Markstrom, Lehner or Holtby could have really remade the position.

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
BKMUcqwCIAErCIt.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad