Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose 4-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alamo Leafer

Help end animal cruelty
Sep 12, 2018
Gatineau, QC
AWFUL....JUST AWFUL! This $hit just can't keep happening!

Forget all the trade talks about forwards or defense. Give up the farm if you have to but get us a half decent goalie ffs.
There has to be someone out there better than this carp fcol!

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
It’s on Dubas right now

Then it's equally on Dubas prior to injuries, etc...Like...We gotta set tone here and represent the actual situation. Dubas can't make other GMs take what they don't want and moreover shouldn't give what some GMs may be asking in order to take our problems.

A healthy Campbell will go a long way. And with a healthy Wayne Simmonds, I think we see things shift towards the right direction.

One win and this hopefully otherwise healthy team can go on a heater.

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
Anyone who thinks Freddy is bad fell asleep for at least ten years sometime after 2005 or thereabouts. I'm not gonna look it up, but Freddy is the best goalie we've had since Cujo and Belfour, which was a long time ago, like....god damn I'm old because I can actually say decades.
I'll take your goalies after Cujo and Belfour and raise you goalies BEFORE Cujo and Belfour.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Of course, now Jack is in the worst possible position with more pressure than he should have.

How so? If he still wanted to be a starter in this league, this is a brilliant opportunity for him.

Dave92

Oct 9, 2019
Andersen finally acknowledged his confidence issues yesterday and then he turns in maybe his worst performance as a Leaf. This is so obviously not the guy to go on a long playoff run with, you look at all recent winners and their goalies are hot heads.

Andersen does everything he can to suppress emotion while he plays because his game turns to shit when he gets flustered.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Anyone who thinks Freddy is bad fell asleep for at least ten years sometime after 2005 or thereabouts. I'm not gonna look it up, but Freddy is the best goalie we've had since Cujo and Belfour, which was a long time ago, like....god damn I'm old because I can actually say decades.
We're watching a goalie lose his career before our eyes, just like we did with Belfour.

Because he was competent doesn't mean he is now

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
upload_2021-3-19_22-47-49.png

upload_2021-3-19_22-59-39.png

Last edited:

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
How so? If he still wanted to be a starter in this league, this is a brilliant opportunity for him.

Yeah now he has to come in in the middle of a losing streak with all of leafs Nation screaming for blood and his whole team looking to him for answers.

No pressure.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Then it's equally on Dubas prior to injuries, etc...Like...We gotta set tone here and represent the actual situation. Dubas can't make other GMs take what they don't want and moreover shouldn't give what some GMs may be asking in order to take our problems.

A healthy Campbell will go a long way. And with a healthy Wayne Simmonds, I think we see things shift towards the right direction.

One win and this hopefully otherwise healthy team can go on a heater.
The poor balance and cap hell is on Dubas. The Leafs were getting away with a narrow high power offence to start the season but as teams get more desperate and ramp up their compete level the Leafs collapse like usual

Bloomberg

Jun 20, 2014
We traded Lehtonen for a goalie, Let's use him and sit Freddy until his healthy. Cause now it just seems we let Lehtonen go when we could've tried him out.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
After the Columbus series there was a lot of anger towards the Maple Leafs and once cooler heads prevailed, it seemed like a "Last Dance" type scenario with this current group. If it doesn't work, deeper cuts will need to be made. I think Dubas probably deserves some criticism for not addressing the goaltending in the offseason but perhaps there was the thought that they would go all in with this group and just see how it shakes out. Though at the time, it seemed like grabbing a Markstrom, Lehner or Holtby could have really remade the position.

I was hoping for a golaie change in the fall, but admittedly I didn't think things could get this bad. Campbell's injury I think threw a bit of a wrench into things

Hopefully theres light at the end of the tunnel

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Only 7 points up on 6th place

Another regulation loss tomorrow and it will be full on panic mode

I think they're in more trouble than they realize. This tied for first is really a mirage from earlier in the season and a 1 win 7 stretch is basically the worst team in the division kind of bad. Lucky bounces or not, good opposing goaltending or not.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
So when is it on Dubie and Keefe? Or are they immune?

Dubas has built the best team we’ve had since forever, and Keefe is coaching it to near perfection minus goaltending (penalty kill is a problem but they actually don’t allow too many good chances but Andersen’s shit on PK too).

what do you want to blame them for?

Are we blaming them for making the D too good that they only allow 20-25 shots a game making it hard for Andersen to concentrate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad