Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 4-3 OT in game 5

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
The pokecheck on the Byron goal while on his knees during the Leafs PP (ended up being the game winning goal) was pretty bad/similar in importance.

The game 5 goals for Campbell were due to bad positioning (way too deep on the 1st), scrambling like mad on one of the others where he fell over and lost his stick as well as being really slow to cover the puck. Definitely don't remember Andy letting in multiple bad ones in a single game vs CLB but I could be forgetting. Also remember quite a few breakaways/odd man rushes in both games but that is just system related (seen multiple articles talk about how leaf's active defenders cause more odd man rushes so leafs goalies have to be extra sharp)
Game 3 was Andy's worst with the bad goal from Jones and then him just generally being off his angle all series with Dubois. He never seemed properly setup with him, off the puck angle and confused - which is why I draw the parallel of last night to it.

After that, the Atkinson goal to win Game 1 and the 2-0 Foudy goal were the worst in either series so far. Both pitched a shutout, Game 4 which was our miracle comeback wasn't kind to Freddy either.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
No because you also need to look at the quality of player, Willy is a 25 year old 1st line talent not an old depth guy in Spezza. If you give Willy an extra 2 minutes to get him to 18 while reducing Mitch by 2 to get him to 21 it's not the end of the world

Oh sorry. I thought you had a point: need more goals!

My bad.

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
I predicted Leafs in 6.

That means you have to lose 2 games.

Let's stop freaking out about being up 3-2
I agree we shouldn’t be freaking out. But what gets me upset is, people who have played in the NHL (so they wouldn’t be talking out of their ass), are saying that it seemed the Leafs took the Canadians a little too lightly, thus causing them to get behind. Have these players not learned anything in the last 4 years???

Reactions: LeafsRus and egd27

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Well, I think it has more to do with the first round since we haven’t won a round in 17 years. They just want a playoff round win and are anxious about it more then anything

I might be naive with this comment, but, I think a large % of posters in here will relax if/when we get out of the 1st round. :laugh::laugh:
They're playing a team that wouldn't even make the playoffs in a regular season. They better f***ing win

leafsgirl12

Apr 29, 2014
Canada
Yeah, if he's got back issues, I don't see him playing at all...back pain could be crippling.
I don't think foligno current issue Is back related but who knows he did skate for a bit yesterday and Keefe said he was progressing but still day to day

leafsgirl12

Apr 29, 2014
Canada
They exploited a known weakness Sandin's lack of foot speed for 5 goals so far and 2 wins .. that is not lucky it is shrewd advance planning .. if it happens once, maybe twice, it is lucky and when it occurs frequently it is not lucky .. but Bruce is not close enough to team anymore to know
Yeah no doubt Sandin could use one on one time with a skating coach

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Yall got no backbone, crumble at the first sign of any adversity.

We got this yall need to chill and support the boys like we have been for years.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Yall got no backbone, crumble at the first sign of any adversity.

We got this yall need to chill and support the boys like we have been for years.

If you'd really been supporting them for years, you'd realize that this is not even close to the first sign of adversity. :laugh:

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Yupp I hear you. I really try to temper my expectations now.

I've been watching since '68...imagine that!

I'm scarred for life now. But every year I keep coming back and they rip out a little more of my gut :laugh:

Would be nice to watch them win at least once.

I've got a clause in my will that my wife has to get 6 Leafs to be pall bearers at my funeral.....so they can let me down one last time.

I'm here all week, tip your servers.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Ayy we past the dark days,

Onwards to the cup

Lets take it in 6 in front of their fans

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad